Thread: Best Place To Tap Into Speaker Wires For Sub Hookup?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Best Place To Tap Into Speaker Wires For Sub Hookup?

Where is the best (easiest) place to tap into the Mirage's speaker wires to feed a subwoofer?

I was looking at removing the lower trimpiece that sits between the front and rear doors to see if there was easy access to the rear speaker wires leading to the rubber grommet that feeds the doors. Seems that location would have fewer wires to contend with with - just the door locks and speaker wires.

That would also make for a short cable run to the hatch, where the sub would go. Run a power lead and a ground and it would be done.

Anybody know if the lower piece of the trim between the doors is easy to remove\reinstall?

Secondly, are the speaker leads readily available under there?

I don't want to pull the head unit out.

I

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    the easiest way is the trim piece thats between the 2 doors. the speaker wires from the rear doors run thru there. I bought a RCA converter for the speaker wires so I can get the low siginal to my amp. I usually do my wiring but was lazy lol took it to a local stereo place supplied the sub/amp the wiring and rca converter. Payed 40 to get it installed

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks!

That confirms my thoughts.

The rear doors should just have wires for the power windows and the speakers going in. Much easier to find the speaker wires with fewer wires to contend with.

We're you pleased with what the sub/amp combo did for your sound?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Anybody have any hands on experience removing the lower trim piece between the doors?

Looks like you have to pull the rubber door molding off, which will free up one side. The other side seems to wrap around the pillar and might be attached with some hooks or clips.

For the floor area, it looks like the door sill cover will need to be snapped off to free up the ends of the center post cover. Just not sure what anchors are present out of view and would rather know than break something.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    i love the sub sound. now im not happy with high and mids lol i want to get a double din better speakers and tweeters down the road. I guess once you upgrade the sub. It will tend to drown out the rest of the speakers. You can tell the sound quality wont be up to par