Thread: Hello from New Orleans, LA

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Hello from New Orleans, LA

Just wanted to say hello to everyone! Purchased a 2014 Mirage DE 5 speed with ACCY fog lights and ACCY bluetooth on May 9th.

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 5MT
    2012 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring AWD
    2007 Dodge Ram Mega Cab Hemi

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    nice job

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Great, welcome!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome!

Welcome to the forum, shbiv!

Nice to see another 5MT DE. What were you driving before?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was driving something quite different. A 2010 Saab 9-5 Aero XWD. I started a part-time business in which I am putting a bunch of miles and the Saab and my truck that I were using was really putting a dent into my profits. The truck pulls a camper so the Saab was to go. I spent two months looking for a 3cyl Geo Metro manual transmission in good shape. Very hard to find. So I started looking for the cheapest, most fuel efficient, manual transmission non hybrid on the market. There is nothing that comes close. I looked at the Spark (could have got slightly cheaper) but read about all of the issues (A/C, etc.) and it was not as efficient as the Mirage. Also looked at the Mazda2. Not as efficient, does handle much better than the Mirage but felt very tight in the front (knees kept hitting the shifter column). Could have gotten the Mazda2 right at the same price. I also thought for a minute on the Fiesta, Kia Rio5, or Versa Note. Unless I wanted to pay for the 3 cyl turbo in the Fiesta for more money, I was out. Except for the Versa good luck finding a base Fiesta hatchback or base Rio 5 in manual transmission. Those were also not as fuel efficient.

So that was a round about way of telling my story. Great to be here and I look forward to learning with everyone. I am so glad I read this forum prior to looking and purchasing. Most of the professional reviews do not give this car the credit it deserves.
    2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 5MT
    2012 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring AWD
    2007 Dodge Ram Mega Cab Hemi

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I practically did the same shopping as you did...

For the $, push button start and leather steering wheel and shifter sold me on mine...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Most of the professional reviews do not give this car the credit it deserves.

Bingo, shbiv! AAMOF most of the reviews are so short-sighted and filled with hate they're not even worth reading. Honestly.

Oh well, their loss.

Quote Originally Posted by shbiv View Post
    Great to be here and I look forward to learning with everyone. I am so glad I read this forum prior to looking and purchasing.
    I'm glad we're here to give real world info to counter some of the negative reviews!

Also, voted here yet? Poll: Did this forum influence your decision to get a Mirage? Helped with research?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)