Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FSM Factory Sevice Manual Mirage?

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts

FSM Factory Sevice Manual Mirage?

Hi,
    I'm looking for an original Mitsubishi Factory Service Manual for the Mirage. Not that I want to tear the car apart and void my waranty. I just want to know more about it, from electric schematics to mechanical stuff and whatever else it has.
    Would be happy to receive an offer or an idea where to look.

foama
    PS: I live in Europe

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I was thinking about this very thing recently ...

The only service manuals available currently, to my knowledge, are the official ones available directly from Mitsubishi: mitsubishi techinfo .com ... or in the EU, mitsubishi techinfo .eu

There, the site says there is currently available: 1. Service Manual, 2. 16 TSBs, 3. 24 Tech Talk Articles, 4. Body Repair Manual, and 5. Tech Info Manual ... apparently costs $19.95 or 16 Euros for one-day access to the sites.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    In for the same information

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    +1, been looking for one but came up to a bunch of dead ends.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 45.8 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'd be happy even with a Haynes, Clymer, or Chilton service manual. Like you guys, I just want a better understanding of this car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 53.1 mpg (US) ... 22.6 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 63.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ditto. I come from the VW world where we have Bentley manuals, which are superb. Hoping someone finds the same for the Mitsu.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My brother used to work for a division of Chilton's Automotive mechanic shops.
    Fromw hat he told me (although this was nearly ten years ago) they require the car to have a certain percentage of sales, and they also look at any aftermarket specialties for the car that are being imported, or created, as well as whether the car has a large base of followers that STICK with the automobile before they'll begin their dis-assembly procedure.
    I'd assume the reasoning behind this is so that they know whether they'd make a reasonable amount of profit for the EXTREMELY labor intensive process of dis-assembling EVERY piece of that car, and notating it's placement, head size, bolt size, what it connects to, wehther it's fused, or grounded, etc.

It's a complicated procedure even for the most experienced mechanic, and it's for that reason sometimes especially with new, or Re-manufactured lines of cars it can take a couple to several years to see a manual from this company in specific.
    I'm not sure about haynes' policy, or the likes, but again this is what I've been told by someone that used to do the very actions the guides require.

He also told me that there's a 25 point checklist that every removed portion/part/piece must go through noting it's placement, size, location, what it's connected to, what tool removes it etc. so that's another reason these things probably take time.

I'd also assume although on this note i'm actually unsure, that they wouldn't just disassemble ONE vehicle, as they'd have to have documentation for every sub-model, and variant of that car the factory develops, and if I remember correctly my count was that the mirage has 15 possible variants.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 36.2 mpg (US) ... 15.4 km/L ... 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm looking forward to find it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R01k View Post
    I'm looking forward to find it.
    Just an update:
    I have not forgotten about obtaining this for you guys. I just haven't had the funds available to do it. I've had some family emergencies come up that required my financial attention and have prevented me from doing pretty much anything I'd hoped to do for the next few weeks to month possibly, so I'll get on it as soon as I get the chance.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 36.2 mpg (US) ... 15.4 km/L ... 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.5 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dracconus For This Useful Post:

Charlie (06-23-2014),cookiemonster (06-25-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Family first, don't worry! I can't wait to see it though!!! :-)

-Charlie-