Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New from Syracuse NY (No Mirage)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

New from Syracuse NY (No Mirage)

Hello There!

I have been following the forums for a while now. Interesting enough, if you put a S on mirageforum.com .... you get to arabic forums. Neat stuff!

I do not have a Mirage - probably never will. I enjoy driving the little cars and the mileage they get - Spark, Mirage ... but don't have a need for a new vehicle yet. I'm also amazed that small vehicles like the Mirage and Spark have more rear head and leg room than larger vehicles like my Focus.

Definitely a fan of simple, basic vehicles.

Right now I have a 2011 Focus (averaging high 30s summer time commuting, low 30s winter commuting) and a lifted 2000 Jeep Cherokee on Mud Tires. When the Focus is due for replacement, I'll be looking at three vehicles - Spark, Versa, Mirage. All of which would be base model with manual trans.

Drove a Mirage and really liked it! The 3 cyl sounds like an inline 6 when you get on it. Saw a video here of one that someone posted with no resonator ... really sounds awesome! If I had one, I would probably do that. I love the sound of an inline 6.

Not sure if I have much to contribute, but will lurk often.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome! Is your focus a base model with manual trans?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Manual transmission, yes. Base model, no.

I got a great deal on it (about what you can buy a base model Mirage for) because it was a left over 2011 when they were already selling the 2012 models. There were only 3 or 4 left in the Eastern US with manual transmission - the "SE" was lowest I could go. There were a few base models but they were automatic transmissions. I don't trust Ford automatic transmissions.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome. One definitely does not need to have a mirage to be on here...

Also, I will be at Syracuse in October for a work convention.

I'm a foodie; any good local food joints?

Also, since I'll be there Thursday and Friday nights, I will be missing my local 2step/country dancing. What are the odds that y'all have a country dance hall/bar around?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Welcome. One definitely does not need to have a mirage to be on here...

Also, I will be at Syracuse in October for a work convention.

I'm a foodie; any good local food joints?

Also, since I'll be there Thursday and Friday nights, I will be missing my local 2step/country dancing. What are the odds that y'all have a country dance hall/bar around?
    What venue and conference?

There's no country dance places in the city itself. Mostly college students and the South/West sides that are trying (and succeeding) in turning into Detroit.

If you want to have GOOD Italian Food or Pizza - Syracuse is the place. Dominics on Burnet is good Italian food, across the street is Shifty's - they have good live music a lot. Also Dinosaur BBQ (kind of biker bar image)... they have great food and live music a lot as well. However, Dinosaur is owned by George Soros ...

There is a new Toby Keith's bar and grill in the mall - kind of cool as they have some local country bands playing and the bartenders dance on the table ... but anything at the mall is absurd for prices.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Holiday Inn Conference center. I guess high carb diet will get me that week. Pizza and Pasta... Hmmm.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    There's not much by there to do. You'll have to take a taxi downtown or to the Mall.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'll have a car. Although I doubt it'l be a mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-88 View Post
    Hello There!

I have been following the forums for a while now. Interesting enough, if you put a S on mirageforum.com .... you get to arabic forums. Neat stuff!

I do not have a Mirage - probably never will. I enjoy driving the little cars and the mileage they get - Spark, Mirage ... but don't have a need for a new vehicle yet. I'm also amazed that small vehicles like the Mirage and Spark have more rear head and leg room than larger vehicles like my Focus.

Definitely a fan of simple, basic vehicles.

Right now I have a 2011 Focus (averaging high 30s summer time commuting, low 30s winter commuting) and a lifted 2000 Jeep Cherokee on Mud Tires. When the Focus is due for replacement, I'll be looking at three vehicles - Spark, Versa, Mirage. All of which would be base model with manual trans.

Drove a Mirage and really liked it! The 3 cyl sounds like an inline 6 when you get on it. Saw a video here of one that someone posted with no resonator ... really sounds awesome! If I had one, I would probably do that. I love the sound of an inline 6.

Not sure if I have much to contribute, but will lurk often.

That would me my booger, I installed a high flow resinator but I am going next week to have a cat back made up for a future turbo build. I just have to source the parts from an earlier 3 cylinder turbo motor.

I love the fact that our little 3 bangers spit and gurgle and pop and moan at every little rev. (without the restrictive mess they call exhaust) LOLz

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    OH yeah WELCOME!!!