Thread: Canada: Avoid the gas pumps in the Mirage (Nanaimo Daily News)

Canada: Avoid the gas pumps in the Mirage (Nanaimo Daily News)

Name:  logoNanaimoHarbour.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  8.4 KB

I must have been getting jaded from the string of downbeat reviews of the Mirage out of the States, because I was mildly shocked at how positive this one was. And it's even a CVT review!

Maybe because he's Canadian? I think the Canadian reviews were generally nicer than the American ones.

Actually there was another positive review out of Australia this week that I haven't posted yet. So much positivity!

Look at these quotes...

... one of the best bargains on four wheels, ever ... if you are concerned about the rising cost of gasoline

... excellent power-to-weight ratio

... highway speeds it is quiet, composed and perfectly happy keeping up with the flow

... drag coefficient of just 0.28. That's a number that many sports cars would like to meet

... interior is certainly much more comfortable and attractive thanwhat you might expect

... front buckets are nicely contoured

... engine comes to life with a distinctive thrum that turns into a positive growl ... revs willingly
    He does mention body roll, but keeps it in context, saying it was designed for rough roads and it's not supposed to be a sports car.

Go read it: http://www.nanaimodailynews.com/life...rage-1.1070846

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

CLARK (05-22-2014),Mikhail (05-23-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The problem with most Auto magazines in the US is they expect everything to have muscle car straight line performance, turn like a German car, and ride like a luxury car ... at any price point.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The problem with most Auto magazines in the US is they expect everything to have muscle car straight line performance, turn like a German car, and ride like a luxury car ... at any price point.

You're exactly right, M-88. One has ta do their own car reviews, the magazine reviews are usually biased and worthless. This new Mitsubishi Mirage isn't just a good car it's a great car!