Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mirage owner from Malaysia..

Country
    Malaysia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

mirage owner from Malaysia..

hi everybody..
    introduced to this site by MetroMPG...looking forward to share some of my experience with this car with everyone..
    why is it named space star in some other place? whats wrong with mirage?

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Welcome!

Could you share a few more details about your car? Trim level, manual or CVT, modifications done, fuel consumption, etc?

In some jurisdictions the Mirage brand has been taken by another company, that's why they named it Space Star in those places.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Hi aikanazirf,

Welcome to the forum. The car is called Space Star here in Europe (not in the UK), because Mitsubishi discovered shortly before its introduction that a grumpy old man held the rights to the name Mirage in these parts of the world. It is rumoured that the Gemballa-company (it tunes Porsches) was the evildoer. It is a bit unfortunate that the global small car will not have a global name. Mitsu still had the rights to the discontinued Space Star name, so we can call this an emergency measure indeed!
    Last edited by talldino; 02-21-2013 at 03:07 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star 'Instyle' 1.2 automatic: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site aikanazirf.

How long have you had your mirage? Any chance we could see some pictures of it?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Welcome to the forum hope your time here is helpfull.

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    Hahaha...grumpy old man eh..

aikanazirf - welcome! Nice to see you here.

I invited aikanazirf to join us when I discovered one new Mirage on Fuelly.com. The "2012MY" Mirage in our fuel log was created using that data. (I used the numbers while I was testing out the fuel log feature.)

Grumpy old man... here is what a "2013 Mirage" looks like in Europe:

GEMBALLA (Germany) buys new Porsches, modifies them, and then re-sells them using the Mirage name. Mitsubishi lost the "Mirage" trademark because they didn't use the name in recent years. It's the same problem in Canada and the United States - we still don't know what they will call the Mirage when it comes here this year.

- Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    It's obvious. I'm a European and should mistake the Gemballa Mirage for the Mitsubishi version. They are almost identical.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star 'Instyle' 1.2 automatic: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    I try to edit my post yesterday but not allowed by this site....my post actually longer ...dont know why..

My mirage is the cvt version, no modification so far but i already ordered one set of bodykit consist of front and back bumpers, side skirtings and visors for windows...

I will post pictures when i get myself a decent camera, my phone camera suck..

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Sounds great. Can't wait to hear about the mods.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)