Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Checking CVT oil level ??

Neat... Most Nissan cvt's also have a separate transmission oil cooler. And the Mirage does not. Nissan's also have one extra cylinder...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I realize that CVT programming is different between INVECS III and Xtronic, but are there any physical differences between a Mitsu CVT7 and a Nissan CVT7?

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Xtronix on Nissan is the CVT locking up to make the vehicle seem like it's shifting. It would the same thing as Toyotas Direct Shift CVT which I think is dumb because it defets the purpose of cvts.

Nissan use the Consolt 3 but I've seen a guy from Pine Hollow Diagnostic on YouTube used a Launch to reset the CVTs computer on a Nissan.

So far I've seen quite a few cvt videos disassembly (from nissan mitsubishi , Jeep) and they are all looking the same and most break the same way by the secondary pulley ball bearings wear down with the keeper and locks up that pully from sliding back down smoothly (car would jerk) or the pulley spins freely.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jgoedhard For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-12-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgoedhard View Post
    Xtronix on Nissan is the CVT locking up to make the vehicle seem like it's shifting. It would the same thing as Toyotas Direct Shift CVT which I think is dumb because it defets the purpose of cvts.

Nissan use the Consolt 3 but I've seen a guy from Pine Hollow Diagnostic on YouTube used a Launch to reset the CVTs computer on a Nissan.

So far I've seen quite a few cvt videos disassembly (from nissan mitsubishi , Jeep) and they are all looking the same and most break the same way by the secondary pulley ball bearings wear down with the keeper and locks up that pully from sliding back down smoothly (car would jerk) or the pulley spins freely.
    Its mystery to me then why they hold up better in Suzukis and Mitsus and not Nissans?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    The Mirage has a dipstick for the CVT.
    Good to know. If I ever see a Mirage in a junk yard maybe I'll grab the dipstick to see if it's accurate in the Versa.