Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New York Times slams the Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ok Ok, That's it, I have been checking out the site weekly since my initial posts just to learn more about the Mirage but this latest review by this guy has made me mad. This guy must be the type that wears gloves to mow his lawn. Its too bad reviews like this turn potential buyers away before forming their own opinions on the car. If anyone out there wants a great honest long term professional review of this vehicle please check out ABOUT.COM and look up AARON GOLD who is a new car analyst and reviewer. He has had the Mirage for 3 months and is making monthly entries on the site about his families experiences driving the car. thanks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ironhead For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-30-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
    And my fanboy reference was tongue-in-cheek
    OK, gotcha. I didn't see the tongue-in-cheek emoticon! :-P

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by ironhead View Post
    If anyone out there wants a great honest long term professional review of this vehicle please check out ABOUT.COM and look up AARON GOLD
    Yup - we've been following his updates too: US: About.com doing a long-term Mirage test - top spec CVT

Also: I think Aaron commented on Torchinsky's Jalopnik article. I can't find it now, but there was someone commenting about having a long-term test Mirage.

Also: good to see kerc arrive in the comments of the piece! I love Torch too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhead View Post
    Ok Ok, That's it, I have been checking out the site weekly since my initial posts just to learn more about the Mirage but this latest review by this guy has made me mad...
    It's not about rational truth, but about sensationalist writing (acting, self-promotion, etc.) and emotionalism to gain a higher view count and make more money. It's reflective of the sad, sick "culture" we live amongst today.

The Ten Most Scathing Car Reviews Of All Time

Jalopnik just included the original NY Times Mirage review that is the subject of this thread in a new list:

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Jalopnik just included the original NY Times Mirage review that is the subject of this thread in a new list:

Leave Pacer, Vega and Gremlin aside I am surprised by exclusion of Pontiac Aztek and 2016 Prius in that list.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)