Thread: TheTruthAboutCars Reviews the Mirage

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

TheTruthAboutCars Reviews the Mirage

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...ubishi-mirage/

"Many people say they just want something cheap that runs. Consider the 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage their litmus test."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cookiemonster For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-31-2014),Minihaha (05-31-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...ubishi-mirage/

"Many people say they just want something cheap that runs. Consider the 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage their litmus test."
    Following a link in the comments provided this nugget (may be old news, I did a quick site search for "Gymkhana" and this didn't come up):
    http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/racin...things-to-come
    ゼロ

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 33.4 mpg (US) ... 14.2 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.1 mpg (Imp)

So where does the Mirage stand? The Chevy Spark’s fuel efficiency falls short, but the design is more upbeat. A Nissan Versa is larger and can be configured cheaper, but its warranty is bested by the Mirage’s 10-year guarantee. The used market offers myriad possibilities, but buying new is a point of pride for many consumers.
    That was a level-headed review. Something tells me that any writer "in the loop" reviewing the Mirage is going to be a bit more careful after Jalopnik's blast against the NY Times Mirage review.

126 comments and counting at TTAC. I generally like their commenters - a cut above the Autoblog crowd. There's some decent support for the car from readers ... in addition to the typical "just buy a used car" / "this is the last nail in Mitsu's coffin" commenters.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Still, understeer is high, tire grip is low and the electric power steering is poorly implemented.
    I wonder why Mitsubishi in North America didn't include the 15" alloys with 175/55 R15 tyres on them. My car comes with Bridgestone Potenza RE050 tyres in stock form and they're insanely grippy. In very hard cornering it even felt like the car was going to tip over (hello body roll!) before it'd even understeer!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

I wonder the same thing. It may affect the car's fuel economy rating slightly.

Or maybe they're just waiting to roll out new options in a while to create more demand? 15's will be on the sedan if/when it comes.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)