Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi From an LS owner in Oz

Country
    Australia
    Thanks

Hi From an LS owner in Oz

Just thought I would pop in and say hi. I picked up my new LS CVT 1.2L on Tuesday and have been looking around for an owners forum.

I haven't had much chance to drive my Mirage as I basically drove it to the airport the morning after I picked it up and was interstate for a couple of days. It has impressed me on the freeway though, not doing it anywhere near as hard as I thought it would. I originally test drove the manual, but my wife wont/cant drive a manual so I purchased the CVT. My other vehicle (Outlander) has CVT as well so that is going to be an interesting comparison.

I'll stop there and make my comments in the review forum: Australia: LS 1.2L CVT First Impressions

Last edited by MetroMPG; 02-22-2013 at 12:45 PM. Reason: (added link to owner review)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage LS (Australia) 1.2 automatic: 34.8 mpg (US) ... 14.8 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp)

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have another owner join up.

And... sorry if you had trouble accessing the site just now - the server went offline for about 25 minutes or so, right after you posted here. (You broke it! ) Not sure what happened, but I've got a note in to the admin.

Looking forward to reading your review!

cheers-
    Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Yeah, I figured it must have been me I run a gaming clan forum so I know what it can be like!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage LS (Australia) 1.2 automatic: 34.8 mpg (US) ... 14.8 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Great to have another Aussie here Hope you like this owners forum.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Welcome here. After reading your first inpressions with your new Mirage I realized I forgot something when I tested the CVT a few days ago: the kick-down.

Which colour did you choose and how long did you have to wait for the car?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star 'Instyle' 1.2 automatic: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I went with Cyber Blue... one of the colours limited to the sport and the LS.

I ordered on the 26th Jan and received it on the 19th of Feb.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Wow, less than a month! Here in Europe we have to wait for 90 days, but i am a rather patient guy...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star 'Instyle' 1.2 automatic: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I ordered mine pretty much the first weekend they were taking orders and I also have a good relationship with my dealership. They claim they bumped me up the queue. The wait time now is May.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I ordered mine the day before yesterday, in the first week the dealership has the Space Star in the showroom. I was told I can expect the car in the second half of May.

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    AntInOz what part of Oz are you in?I went had a look at my local dealer in north west Tasmania last Sunday they had 4 cars in stock.