Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello From Spurs Nation!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Talking Hello From Spurs Nation!

What's Up? I just bought this 14 Mirage DE CVT 6 days ago from my good friend Gilbert Pacheco at Westloop Mitsubishi I got a pretty good deal on it and I think I'm starting to fall in love with her even though she's so slow it has some fun in her. I'm going to do it's first oil change tomorrow at 250mi, then at 500mi, then at 1k to properly break in the engine. Can't wait to see more aftermarket parks Ideally suspension parts come into the market! I'm going to throw it on a dyno possible thursday to see what this actually makes hp/tq wise as well lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome to the forum. Even though you're a Spurs fan.

Am I the only one that isn't doing a 250/500 mi oil change?! It's already doing synthetic and it isn't a 1990 engine... I'm so confused.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 51.2 mpg (US) ... 21.8 km/L ... 4.6 L/100 km ... 61.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=JoshG210;12887]What's Up? not much, just Lebron

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site Josh. Congrats on the Mirage. Its good to hear you're having fun with it. A dyno run would be very cool to see.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm doing it the old school way because it's my first new car and I want everything to go right and it's also something I learned in school for automotive lol. I don't see any harm in doing it and it may not be worth it but we'll see what happens. I can be a little ocd when it comes to maintenance and breaking in new parts as well lol. I should be hitting the dyno thursday so if I do I'll post the results in the engine forum, I want to see a before and after on a k&n drop in, good thing is these dyno runs are free lol...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticMirage View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Even though you're a Spurs fan.

Am I the only one that isn't doing a 250/500 mi oil change?! It's already doing synthetic and it isn't a 1990 engine... I'm so confused.
    You sure it comes out of the factory with synthetic? I was going to shoot over an email to the dealership service place to ask. I woud have thought conventional since it's cheaper.

-Charlie-

It does: the owner I met today has her first oil change scheduled for 8000 km (5k miles).

Welcome to the forum, Josh! Free dyno runs sound potentially very useful.

- Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just ended up neutering the factory antenna, went through a car wash and came out with the just the black mass, damn. Any of yall broke the antenna? Time to look for a stubby lol... Thanks for the welcomes, I got this car so I can trade up for a lancer eventually but I think my mind is changing, only thing I wish I had and could afford was cruise control, but no regrets on my buy might just wait and see what the 15' will bring lol.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Welcome . It uses 0w-20 . There's no conventional engine oil for a 0w-20 . It's a synthetic blend or all synthetic . For this 3 cylinder I would run 100% synthetic , especially in the TEXAS heat . Might be best wait until above 1,000 miles for first O.C.. There's a site called BobIsTheOilGuy that's very informative about oil and many other topics , http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/ . Maybe you'd be interested in getting a used oil analysis ( U.O.A. ) for the MIRAGE to see how the engine is breaking in ( http://www.blackstone-labs.com/ ) . Would likely do that on the 3rd O.C.. Keep us informed on your gas mileage , etc.. Sorry to see about your antenna , hopefully it didn't harm the roof .

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshG210 View Post
    I can barely read the sign on the wall on that second pic, but I think it says "Compact Car Parking Only". Indeed! Heck, that parking spot seems generously large to me; around here we've got bigger cars parked in smaller spaces!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)