Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lumheader Exhaust?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's obviously not for a mirage.

I was just making a point that we do have a straight pipe. But may not be a catback straight pipe, but rather just a mid mounted muffler.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The cat on these cars are so small then you have this giant resonator and then at the end of the exhaust is a tiny bullet style muffler. I'm wondering how a magnaflow muffler might sounds like or vibrant performance, but on the fence about touching the exhaust.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hehe got it. Thought that looked a little big for the mirage. That being said, I've googled it but I can't find a pic of the undercarriage of our cars. Anyone know where I can find one?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Going too big exhaust diameter is the wrong way to improve things, you need some restriction on N/A cars.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.8 mpg (US) ... 17.4 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 49.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstreak View Post
    Hehe got it. Thought that looked a little big for the mirage. That being said, I've googled it but I can't find a pic of the undercarriage of our cars. Anyone know where I can find one?
    i will post some pics of the undercarriage of mine by next weekend. im thinking on the cheap side a jones turbo tube muffler 1.75" inch in and out or on the high side a magnaflow in the same dimensions. will definitley keep the rear resonator intact.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage es 1.2 manual: 43.7 mpg (US) ... 18.6 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

the Mitsu is not a straight pipe from the cat back (US spec)

US spec cars - from my own eyes underneath: appear to have a second (dumb, i.e., not plugged-in to car's computer) cat, then a big muffler, then a very smallish resonator(?) just before the exhaust tip.

Ditching everything from the first cat back would dramatically lessen restriction, and raise noise levels similarly.
    I think ditching everything from the first cat back, and then putting in a tastefully sounding 'muffler' would be ideal, that's the route I intend to take...
    ゼロ

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 33.4 mpg (US) ... 14.2 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    for those on here that have modified your exhaust, post videos on youtube and link them here so we can get an idea of what certain combos sound like.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage es 1.2 manual: 43.7 mpg (US) ... 18.6 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm thinking as to not cut the back pressure too much and lose power, just replace the last little muffler with straight pipe and call it a day.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think the hollow sound is actually coming from the big resonator/muffler.

The car was idling while I was loading it up with stuff and I dont mind the idle in the end of the pipe.

Just need to fix the hollow mid of the car sound.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    If that big circular thing in the middle of the car is a cat, that's one hell of a big cat.

I think it's a muffler. Some mufflers are placed away from the tip as there is no space to put it:
    Middle resonator/muffler is after the cat. That is only thing mirage uses. Cat is the smallest I have ever seen since my last car has a 3" exhaust LOL.
    But yeah, Cat and a resonator/muffler and the rest is straight pipe. Plus the small muffler at the rear.