Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: front license plate and frame

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    We saw our Mirage when it came in - before any dealer prep work was done. It has indentations in the front bumper for the license plate holes. Not sure if the dealer uses these as a guide, or if there is a threaded nut behind there, but the bumper is not pristine - at least not those being shipped to my state.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    All have the dents/dimples at least in North America.
    Sadly the dealer just drove large screws directly through those dimples... there are no inserts.
    Since I will likely only remove and reinstall them once to change the frame this should be fine.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I went to check and see what was behind the REAR license plate screws and to my susprise - there was nothing but AIR !! The advertising cardboard dealer plate used the same coarse thread screws tapped into the plastic bumper cover mentioned elsewhere on the forum. Thing is...while all this seems to work just fine for PAPER, I'm not so sure it would work for a METAL plate, especially with a FRAME - even if the frame is PLASTIC.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    pics on the way

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsetjim View Post
    I went to check and see what was behind the REAR license plate screws and to my susprise - there was nothing but AIR !! The advertising cardboard dealer plate used the same coarse thread screws tapped into the plastic bumper cover mentioned elsewhere on the forum. Thing is...while all this seems to work just fine for PAPER, I'm not so sure it would work for a METAL plate, especially with a FRAME - even if the frame is PLASTIC.
    Maybe pop rivets

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Luckily I live in an area that doesn't require silly front plates, however I have had friends in previous automotive communities that did, and this works wonderfully.

http://www.skenedesign.com/FPBracket/index.shtml

Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)