Hi guys, due to what I've been hearing, I am planning on doing my first oil change probably at 1500 miles.

Since I will be doing it myself, I am concerned about safety.

I used to help my dad out with oil changes on his car when I was a kid..facepalm - you would not believe what we did! Since I did not know any better and my dad was doing it, I thought it was fine. I would go under the car with one scissor jack on each side of the car and..that's it! Now that I am wiser, and fully conscious of how stupid that was, I am not risking my face getting crushed in by 2000 pounds of car.

Soooo..I will be getting some proper jack stands now!

Any recommendations?? The only thing I could find at the auto store nearest me were Autocraft jack stands. Don't know about the quality. Since these will be the only things that will be standing between me and a world of pain, I want to make sure what I'm getting is good.

----------------------

Also, where do you put the jack stands?? The 'normal' place where you put the scissor jacks for emergency tire replacement looks SOOOO thin. I can imagine it bending in on itself from the weight. Is there a better place??

-Charlie-