Thread: US: "A Mirage-based turnaround" ... sedan tidbits

US: "A Mirage-based turnaround" ... sedan tidbits

Automotive News has some tidbits about Mitsubishi's plans for the G4 sedan in a recent article...

-- The company is "not participating" at the Detroit Auto Show

-- The Mirage sedan will go on sale along with a new Outlander "in mid- to late 2015"

-- Sales were up 27% in 2014 almost entirely due to the Outlander Sport and Mirage

Source: http://www.autonews.com/article/2015...sed-turnaround

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The Outlander Sport is pretty nice too. I like the crossover with a manual transmission, but no DI.

Why are they not participating in the auto show? That seems like a bad idea.

27% increase in sales is no joke.

They're still saving their pennies, is my guess.

They'll only show in markets where they think they'll get some press, or where they have "news" to announce. Detroit is going to have a lot of big announcements, and Mitsu would get overshadowed.

When they're actually ready to unveil/announce firm plans for the next Outlander or the Mirage sedan, they'll go to a show.

My bet is they'll announce both of these in New York in April, which is the last big show of the auto show season. They unveiled the U.S. Mirage there 2 years ago.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Its future in the U.S. hinges on crossovers, which will get a new look starting with the redone Outlander
    Aren't the Mirage and Mirage Sedan going to get the new look? Hope they will show them in NY.

Any chance the new 2016 Mirage sedan and hatchback will get a more efficient engine (possibly the 1.0 L for N.A.) or lower drag coefficient for even better fuel economy?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    Any chance the new 2016 Mirage sedan and hatchback will get a more efficient engine (possibly the 1.0 L for N.A.) or lower drag coefficient for even better fuel economy?
    Lower drag coefficient is almost impossible without making the car bigger.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.8 mpg (US) ... 17.4 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 49.0 mpg (Imp)

There have been unconfirmed rumours the U.S. sedan will have a more powerful engine than the hatchback. It's unlikely they'll ever offer the 1.0L engine on this side of the pond in either car.

Thread: Turbo Mirage sedan rumor (coming to North America?)

---

As for the drag coefficient, lower it yourself! I did.

Thread: Mirage aero mods for better fuel economy: 4.5% improvement @ 90 km/h / 56 mph