Thread: Wind and dust sealing

bearhugman
    Country
    New Zealand
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Wind and dust sealing

I am aware of the wind noise from approx. 90 kph. And upon inspection I see that only the front doors have the normal double seals. That is, a seal on the door and a seal on the body. But the rear doors only have the double seal around the window frame area and a single seal attached to the door edges.

So I purchased some rubber draught strip and applied to the body as a secondary seal at the rear doors.

However didn't seem to make a heck of a lot of difference to the wind noise.

But made a heck of a difference to dust sealing. Which I noticed after a trip that involved a lot of gravel roads. Upon opening the rear doors there was a substantial deposit of dust that had got past the factory installed seals and had then been trapped by my stuck on draught seal.....

Very poor design/cost saving.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bearhugman View Post
    I am aware of the wind noise from approx. 90 kph. And upon inspection I see that only the front doors have the normal double seals. That is, a seal on the door and a seal on the body. But the rear doors only have the double seal around the window frame area and a single seal attached to the door edges.
    I am kinda lost here, any way you could post some pics?
    ゼロ

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 33.4 mpg (US) ... 14.2 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've had no problems with sealing. In fact, I have to slam the doors a little bit since the car seals so well...