Thread: Howdy y'all 2014 Blue Mirage from Texas

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Howdy y'all 2014 Blue Mirage from Texas

Oh boy. Yet another car message board to keep track of!

Good afternoon everyone. My name is David and I am a certifiable car nut. I'm here to learn more about my new car, play around with my new car, and just have a good time. I've owned boring cars, fast cars, slow cars, and now it is time to play around with a car that gets great gas mileage right out of the box! Can I hit 50 mpg? How about 60 mpg? Hmmmmm....... Only time will tell...........

Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

50? Easy. 60? Sure. 70? Probably. All depends on conditions, average speed, and technique.

Welcome to the forum!

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    50? Easy. 60? Sure. 70? Probably. All depends on conditions, average speed, and technique.

Welcome to the forum!

Darin

I recognize your name from Gassavers.org! I was over there a few years ago. Got 34 mpg out of my 2006 Chevy Colorado. My 1991 Chevy Cavalier wagon got 23 mpg on the highway, which was really good considering that it had an aftermarket computer (Haltec), had LOTS of modifications, and put down 242 hp and 292 ft lbs to the wheels. I'm not new to hypermiling, and actually on my way home from the dealership today I managed to get 43.7 mpg out of the Mirage. Not bad considering that was in town driving!
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Ha! It's a small Internet. I haven't been there for years, but I did spend a lot of time there after I first got my Metro/Firefly. Daox too (your other friendly MirageForum admin).

I think the Mirage is a unique -- even quirky -- car that's a worthy addition to anyone's collection of interesting cars.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Finally, someone else who says howdy around here...

I'm no cowboy physically (actually azn), but God knows that I'm redneck inside.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site from one car nut to another.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)