Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Din install kit

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'd like to see pics of the radio install as well, I'm curious to see if the finish on the Metra piece matches the rest of the surround. Eventually I'll get motivated enough to play along and pop a double din DVD unit in mine. I need to hold money aside and get an amp and box for one of my Rockford Fosgate 15's, I don't think this little car could handle two seeing as how they are 2000 watts max each.
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-u37P3gD...2-RFR3115.html

-Billy

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Good news it works. The stereo install was easier than expected. I actually took it to a mom n pop stereo place. The vents ontop of the stereo pops out in a few seconds. Just with a small thin tool it pops out. The stereo has a few scews. After seeing the install i wished i did it myself. To take out the stereo about 10 min. To wire everything around 30 min. Pretty easy
    Last edited by socal6g; 07-04-2014 at 03:35 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  CAM00236.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  86.1 KB Name:  CAM00243.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  94.4 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  CAM00240.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  88.5 KB ill try to get better picts tomm

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just trying to understand. So you're saying the first thing to do is to pop out the top two air vents with a thin pry tool first? Then you can get easily at the actual head unit?

-Charlie-

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sorry on cell. That is correct. The whole top portion that contain the vents unattach as a whole piece. Then the screws for the stereo is revealed.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I tried to add a red line. if you fallow that around the edge. That seems the best way to pry open the top portion. it pops open as a whole piece.Name:  trim.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  89.3 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nice! Thanks for the mini guide, it will be very helpful in the future!

Your new head unit looks sweet!

That wouldn't happen to be touchscreen, GPS unit would it??

And, lol, since I can't see a conventional keyed ignition, I'm assuming you've got the start/stop button on the left?

Also, where'd you get that protective dash mat??? I don't see those as accessories offered at the dealership..you quilt that yourself?

I myself am eyeing a single DIN unit, possibly a digital media unit. No external amplification for me, so I've been eyeing a few that have RMS wattage at 22w instead of the seemingly more common 18.

Congrats again!

-Charlie-

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie For This Useful Post:

socal6g (07-04-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I got the touchscreen pioneer 2600bt. It has the ability to upgrade to navi and reverse camera. I decided to keep the bluetooth function. Came with its own speaker. It has some sort of mirror feature that works with smart phones. So if you have the gps running on your phone im assuming it displays it. Not too sure on that feature yet. Yeah I have the push button. As for the dash kit. I bought it autoanything.com They have a few different types of materials you can get. I got the dash design "suede" Yeah metra sells the single din install kits also for around 20 bucks. I personally think this is better than going the dealership route. Paying 80+ (i was quoted more than 100) for the navi trim pieces and it still wont sit flush to the double dins. I saw another post here with the gap visible. Im very satisfied with the front kicker speakers new head unit and sub in the rear. This head unit is greattttt. They sell the entry level double din with out bluetooth for about 200 on ebay/amazon. It has all the features I have minus bluetooth. For the money that unit is a steal Pioneer AVH-X1600DVD . Here is just a youtube review on the double din if anyone is interested. The features and the price got me sold https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh1LMVtph8o

Last edited by socal6g; 07-04-2014 at 05:57 AM.