Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Din install kit

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Din install kit

So I've been meaning to upgrade. I've seen those ebay made in china brand go for over 60 and from the dealer which is just the navi trim pieces but don't really sit flush and go over 100..

metraonline.com

METRA 99-7016GHG SINGLE DIN DASH KIT

METRA 95-7016GHG DBL DIN DASH KIT

I just ordered the double din kit from ebay. These go for 19.99. Ill let you guys know if I run into any issues

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The picture I find for this is: Name:  957016ghg.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  37.4 KB

While the other kits are a larger piece: Name:  double din 2014.JPG
Views: 763
Size:  16.9 KB

I'm interested in why they aren't both the smaller panel like with the Metra product. I am also interested in your experience with the Metra product, I've always had good luck with them in the past.
    -Billy

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    looking through crutchfield.com this metra kit is supplied free when buying a double din.

http://metraonline.com/files/product...016GHG_web.pdf

4. The Following User Says Thank You to socal6g For This Useful Post:

MysticMirage (06-16-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Any news Socal??

I am very interested in this. I was looking at my stock radio (DE trim)..there is no obvious method to get radio out easily. May necessitate a pry tool as well.

Keep us updated! I shall be keeping a close eye on this thread!

-Charlie-

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I ordered some front door speakers. The install kit arrived a few days ago. If everything goes to plan. These should be installed sometime next week. Im going with a Pioneer double din dvd stereo receiver. Now just wondering if i should pay the extra 50 bucks for the upgraded version with bluetooth. I personally never used the stock bluetooth in my car

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I noticed your in LA where hands free calling is the law. Same just went into effect here in Illinois at the first of the year.

I started using Bluetooth with my vehicles last year and have found it very useful. Not a big caller, but it is much easier than remembering an earpiece or fumbling for the phone.

We have a home phone that also connects to the cell via Bluetooth. As we move from the car to the house and back, the phone automatically syncs with the nearest device, allowing us to rarely actually use the phone for calls.

Hope your install goes well and that you are pleased with the results.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by socal6g View Post
    I ordered some front door speakers. The install kit arrived a few days ago. If everything goes to plan. These should be installed sometime next week. Im going with a Pioneer double din dvd stereo receiver. Now just wondering if i should pay the extra 50 bucks for the upgraded version with bluetooth. I personally never used the stock bluetooth in my car
    You are definitely not obligated, but if you were to be able to document with pics so I can..I mean we can all see how to replace the head unit, GREATLY appreciated (I'm afraid of blindly probing with a pry tool)!

I'm excited for your speaker upgrade! You putting in component or full range speakers? Amp? Sub?

-Charlie-

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Do we have to remove the door panel to put in the speakers, or can we just remove the speaker grill? (I don't even know if it's a separate piece).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I originally wanted a full component set but at the moment decided to go with the kicker 40CS654 6-1/2" 2-way Speakers. I will most likely get the bluetooth version receiver Pioneer AVH-X2600B. I already have a amp and sub via the speaker wire and a rca converter. Ill try to post pictures and what not once everything is installed

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Can't wait socal!

Also really eager to hear your comparison side by sides of before and after.

-Charlie-