Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas mileage / MPG achievements (with optional MPG computer pics)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I don't reset mine. I didn't realise that was a thing people did. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.....
    So my truck is sooo good on fuel I only filled up once in the last 7 months and it wasn't even empty. So that's like really good right?
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 336
Size:  19.8 KB

ivan

I realise how it works. I didn't realise anybody actually reset there's while driving then posted mpg numbers under the most ideal driving conditions rather than leaving the thing alone and just post the numbers you get from an entire trip, like start to finish? Anyone can reset the meter while coasting downhill and post a picture of crazy high numbers lol. If that's what everyone else is doing then add 10-15 mpg to what I posted.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Mark (05-12-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    I realise how it works. I didn't realise anybody actually reset there's while driving then posted mpg numbers under the most ideal driving conditions rather than leaving the thing alone and just post the numbers you get from an entire trip, like start to finish? Anyone can reset the meter while coasting downhill and post a picture of crazy high numbers lol. If that's what everyone else is doing then add 10-15 mpg to what I posted.
    I am in Fummins' camp on this one. I'm not impressed by someone displaying a large mpg rating on their dash. If they had to something out of the ordinary to achieve that number, I am even less impressed. I like hearing what a Mirage will do with every day driving. For me, it's just simple math.

If I went 337.5 miles on a tank of gas & it takes me 7.5 gallons to fill up, I've just averaged 45 mpg on that tank of gas. I don't get excited if I am getting over 45 mpg during that tank, nor do I worry about being a bit below that. Then again, I wouldn't know that because I never look at the dash mpg rating. I do, however, calculate my approximately mpg when I fill up most times.

I've only calculated below 40 (38-34) mpg twice. Both times were consecutive days of -20F or below. My Mirage pretty much goes low 40's during the winter months, & mid to upper 40s during the summer months.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I realise how it works.
    I would've figured you can digest some mediocre humor, if you're trying to talk it all of the time.
    ivan

Well played
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Attachment 18398 I managed to allegedly get 53mpg this morning by the time I got to work(14 miles ish) No resetting the meter half way(or at all) black magic, witchcraft or voodoo required.
    Mirage videos:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-26-2020)

Your 2 months a year of potentially good fuel economy has begun! :-D

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (07-06-2020)

First fill of Mirage #2

63 MPG US = 3.7 L/100 km

That's calculated at the pump (3 clicks) over 566 km / 352 miles.

Interestingly, for the first time ever, the car's gauge was slightly pessimistic (showing 3.8) vs. the calcs!

I'm quite happy with that, considering I only starting adding efficiency mods to the car part-way through this tank. And I did hardly any engine-off coasting.

On top of all that, it included ~120 km of highway driving like this:

NOT GOOD FOR FUEL ECONOMY! (But still waaaaay better than carrying the kayak on the roof.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (07-06-2020),inuvik (07-05-2020)

First 70 MPG trip in Mirage #2

Name:  first-70-mpg-3.3-LHK.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  97.4 KB

3.3 L/100 km = 70 MPG US on a 65 km trip

(How accurate is the gauge? I'll find out in a couple hundred kilometers! Last fill, the gauge was actually slightly pessimistic, which I have never seen before.)

Conditions:

HOT, HOT, HOT! (Low 90's F) And dry. Very little traffic.

Driving style:

Mostly I used cruise control on rural roads (mix of max. 70 km/h and 80 km/h = 50 mph) and through a few small towns. But I did "tap" speed up & down to bleed speed/build speed on most of the hills (fairly small ). I also used my newly installed kill switch to stop the engine on some descents and on more approaches to stops & some turns.

Ecomodded with:

- higher tire PSI
    - beaded seat cover - I swear by these for staying comfy/dry with AC off and windows cracked open, even on 90F humid days. Obviously it works if you're on the move, not so great in slow traffic.
    - wheel discs
    - grille block (had to open it further -- the cooling fan has been cycling)
    - kammback
    - outside mirrors relocated inside
    - 1 wiper blade delete
    - WAI (warm air intake)
    - engine kill switch just added this week

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Eggman (07-10-2020),Fummins (07-13-2020),Top_Fuel (07-10-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've been hitting 45-50 mpg daily on the way to work (half city, half highway@65). My MPG goes down to about 38-42 on the way home due to traffic.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MCMfan92 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-16-2020)