Thread: Mirage with High Miles (Other high miles Mitsubishis?)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Mirage with High Miles (Other high miles Mitsubishis?)

I work overnights at a hotel in Austin and got a chance to valet a high-mileage Mirage tonight. Black little couple from mid-90s with 216,663 miles. Was tattered, but nicer than my old van.

Those of you who have been long-time Mitsu owners, how many miles did you rack up on an original engine/tranny?

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty joe View Post
    I work overnights at a hotel in Austin and got a chance to valet a high-mileage Mirage tonight. Black little couple from mid-90s with 216,663 miles. Was tattered, but nicer than my old van.

Those of you who have been long-time Mitsu owners, how many miles did you rack up on an original engine/tranny?

I previously had a 2001 Mirage that I bought in 2012 for $1900. I put new brake rotors, pads, and new wheel bearings up front. The car had about 130,000 miles on it when I bought it. Within 2 weeks of buying it, I took it out for work where I put 10,000 miles on it in 3 months (I worked from Texas to Florida down I-10, then up the east coast to South Carolina, then back to Texas on I-20). During that time, the ONLY problem I had was a blown brake light. It was VERY reliable, and I was able to squeeze out 45 mpg out of it too! I even got 30 mpg towing a small trailer! The only reason why I sold it was to fund a surgery.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 91cavgt For This Useful Post:

rusty joe (06-22-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Talking My first car

My first car was an 03 eclipse 2.4. That was such a great car, routine maintenance and a wheel bearing and cv axle were all it needed all the way up until 217,000 miles. at that point the trans was slipping so we got a warranted junkyard one from a galant (they used the same tranny) and sold it after that to a neighbor. still on the road today with over 230,000

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.2 mpg (US) ... 18.8 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I suggest taking a look at this thread:

Mirage/Space Star with the highest miles/kilometers? How many on yours so far?

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)