Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Even Consumer Reports is savaging the Mitsubishi Mirage"

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The mirage is not poorly made, it is a so simple design that things just cant go that bad.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.8 mpg (US) ... 17.4 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 49.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aydu View Post
    I just finished watching Motorweek where they named their vehicles of the year for 2014. The subcompact winner was the Ford Fiesta ST (performance oriented car). They even admitted that few people will opt for this model, due to the premium price and performance oriented features.

The Fiesta ST is ~ $22k. I'd rather buy a mustang v6 for that price. Although 4 doors and 1 extra person would probably sell wives more than the 2door 4seater coupe.

I'm seeing more and more Mirages around my town. Either people are not reading the various negative review, or (dare I say it?) the reviewers are all full of it.

Amen

Having owned my Mirage for a couple of months, I am surprised at a couple of things:

1. The excellent turning radius really makes parking lots a pleasure. I knew it was supposed to be good, but I never expected that I would appreciate it as much as I do.
    Definitely agree.
    2. The car actually gets the EPA estimated gas mileage. I've never had a car that did more than come close to it's estimates and that was under ideal conditions. I've been using the A/C all the time and it still gets great mileage.
    Agreed.
    3. The engine seems to have quieted down quite a bit since I bought the car. I had read about the noisy 3 banger and found the engine noise to be more than I was used to when I bought the car. Not so now. Either the engine is much quieter, or, I've gotten used to the engine sounds. Vibration has never been an issue in my car.
    Engine noise was never an issue for me. Try driving the older gen Kia Rio. That 4banger was loud as hell - or the engine bay was just so poorly sound-insulated. I'm actually liking the exhaust note every month of driving it. I'm guessing the carbon build up is working to my
    For the price, gas mileage potential, and features offered, the Mirage is a great buy for anyone looking for a car of this type. Even if the car was made with GM quality, the warranty will protect most buyers for a majority of the life of the vehicle.
    I would never put the Mirage anywhere close to "Government Motors quality
    Frankly, I have a hard time finding things I don't like about the Mirage (especially now that I have added the Yaris arm rest).Definitely agree.
    See my responses in red