Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Even Consumer Reports is savaging the Mitsubishi Mirage"

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Thumbs up "Even Consumer Reports is savaging the Mitsubishi Mirage"

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/06/24/consumer-reports-mitsubishi-mirage-review-video/

"Our conclusion was that if you needed a car in this segment to either pay a few hundred dollars more for a Chevy Spark ..."

Seriously?

Have they even glanced at the endless complaints over at the Chevy Spark forums?

I wouldn't even accept a free Chevy Spark if someone offered me one.

Direct link to comments page for the video: https://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=1vNk9ezbHwE

Last edited by MetroMPG; 06-26-2014 at 01:42 PM. Reason: added video & link

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would take a Spark for free

I really like the spark. A lot. It's too bad the car is having so many problems.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The Spark?! I took it out of my list when was looking for a new car because of the tons of problems floating around in the forums; i.e. burning oil like a torch.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R01k View Post
    The Spark?! I took it out of my list when was looking for a new car because of the tons of problems floating around in the forums; i.e. burning oil like a torch.

And the 2013 MY without functional AC that popped up, on a larger scale, before the AC problems did.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Also had some sort of cylinder problem...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    At least the engines don't self-destruct every 30K miles like onthe Aveo!

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    hey, festiboy seems to have commented in the consumer reports forum and defended the Mirage.

it's weird though, a lot of trolls.

I guess they feel endangered/ridiculed by this little car

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    hey, festiboy seems to have commented in the consumer reports forum and defended the Mirage.
    I sure did. Someone has to stand up for the little guy. Seems like most of the hate in the comments section is from people who have never sat in or driven a Mirage. They just see a small, three-cylinder car and dismiss it as junk without giving it a chance

Quote Originally Posted by M-88 View Post
    At least the engines don't self-destruct every 30K miles like on the Aveo!
    I had an 2004 Aveo back in the day and it was bought back as a lemon. However, my husband also has one, a 2008, that I married into and has had better luck. It has 79k miles with minimal issues, but I do continually hear about timing belts snapping prematurely on them (his had a replacement done at about 68k miles). Regardless, I'd still be more wary of the Spark's Daewoo-sourced long-term reliability than the Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by festiboi View Post
    I had an 2004 Aveo back in the day and it was bought back as a lemon. However, my husband also has one, a 2008, that I married into and has had better luck. It has 79k miles with minimal issues, but I do continually hear about timing belts snapping prematurely on them (his had a replacement done at about 68k miles). Regardless, I'd still be more wary of the Spark's Daewoo-sourced long-term reliability than the Mirage
    Apart from engine issues, they didn't seem to be terribly unreliable. It was, however, the worst vehicle I have ever driven. I seriously thought I was going to roll it on a highway on ramp going 25 (posted speed limit for the curve was 45) - and I am used to driving a lifted Jeep. Awkward auto transmission programming.

It's not only the belts that tend to snap, but they used plastic idler pulleys for the timing belt , and the pulleys would just randomly disintegrate.

I guess I have the opposite thoughts, though. Part of the reason I am on here is so I can track how the cars do before buying one (potentially) in a year or two. I don't trust Mistubishi products since they were involved with Chrysler a few years back. Chrysler, by far, makes the WORST vehicles for reliability on the American highways.

I think it's safe to say there's zero Chrysler DNA in the new Mirage.

Got a link?

I also posted the link to the YouTube comments page for the CR video in post#1.
    https://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=1vNk9ezbHwE

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)