Thread: Mirage sedan - Attrage - brochure (Thailand)

Mirage sedan - Attrage - brochure (Thailand)

A Thailand Mitsubishi dealer has revealed the brochure of the upcoming "Attrage" Mirage sedan variant:

Source: http://www.mitsubnt.com

The website IndianAutosBlog has translated some of the brochure content to English.

Some key points:

• 5-speed & CVT available
    • 1.2L engine
    • class leading fuel economy of 22 km/L (equal rating to the Mirage hatchback)
    • class leading aerodynamics - drag coefficient of 0.29
    • 15 inch wheels
    • available reverse parking camera, auto climate control, bluetooth/USB/Aux audio inputs
    • larger, 42L fuel tank
    • 4.8m turning radius

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2013/05/m...re-scans-77630

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

CLARK (05-24-2013),noob@cars (05-23-2013)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Nice find Darin. The Attrage is coming about much faster than I had expected. We're still waiting on the Mirage here in the states!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Great find! And I am turning green with envy with it's features/toys... Does this mean that even the GLX variant will have 15 inch mags, rear seat arm console, side mirrors with LED turning lights?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 automatic: 37.0 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Holy ....!! the car does have sidemirror LED's!! Darn it! I wish the Mirage had the same thing

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    We'll have to have someone compare them at some point. There is a good chance they're interchangable. Something to look forward to swapping in the future one a few cars get smashed up and put into salvage/junk yards.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by noob@cars View Post
    Does this mean that even the GLX variant will have 15 inch mags, rear seat arm console, side mirrors with LED turning lights?
    It seems to be saying that. But we'll only know for sure when we see a detailed spec sheet.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I have a feeling that this car is going to be ubiquitous around Manila streets as taxis. Which is a good thing - spare parts for the Mirage will become very common!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

Is there a general preference for sedans or hatchbacks in the Philippines?

In small cars, Canada loves hatches. The U.S. seems to prefer sedans, though it's coming around to the logic of the hatch.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    In my observation there's a general preference towards sedans more than hatches around here. For what it's worth, the general perception is that sedans are more practical and professional (read: fleet car/appliance), while hatchbacks are more youthful and sporty (read: lifestyle car/fashion accessory).

Some cars around here are sold in both hatchback and sedan versions: the Toyota Vios and Yaris, Honda City and Jazz, Ford Fiesta, Mazda 2, and soon, the Mirage and the Attrage. The sedan will usually have a stripped down version meant for fleet sales, and the entry hatchbacks will usually have more toys and maybe only available with a certain engine or transmission (e.g. the Toyota Yaris is only available with a 1.5L 4-banger, the Vios has it as an option instead with the base model having a 1.3L engine). Thus, the local market usually has sedans priced cheaper than hatchbacks.

However, if a hatchback was sold cheaply enough they'll sell like hotcakes. Evidence of that is the streets recently having been filled with Mirages, Hyundai i10s and Eons, Kia Picantos, and Suzuki Celerios (Alto in other markets). In the early 90's, the Daihatsu Charade, Kia Pride (Ford Festiva) hatch, and the Honda Civic hatch also sold very well. After that the hatchbacks disappeared from the market or became rather unreasonably priced; the return of cheap and cheerful hatchbacks shows that the manufacturers are willing to think out of the (3-)box in this market and they've been rewarded by quite a lot of sales.

Personally, I prefer hatchbacks. They're way easier to park, usually have more rear headroom, and very versatile. I grew up as a kid seeing my dad carry everything including a literal kitchen sink in the back of our Daihatsu Charade, so I know how very useful they can be.

Overall, market conditions notwithstanding, the Filipino car buyer's preference between hatchbacks and sedans is probably an even split, maybe leaning slightly towards the sedan side of the scale.

Slightly off topic: Having said that, most car buyers prefer neither and would go for the so-called "Asian utility vehicle" category instead. These are cars which are the result of manufacturers raiding their parts bins and are designed with "let's put together the most useful car we can sell for cheap" in mind. So, ladder-frame chassis, previous-generation rear-wheel-drive powertrains, 7-10 seats. Cheap to buy and very versatile, though not very refined. They're not the most economical, but parts are very cheap and they're very tough, resulting in low maintenance costs. I have one actually: a 2002 Toyota Revo.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Alpha_One For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-27-2013)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I wish the tail lights swooped down on the Attrage and Mirage like they do on the outlander sport (asx rvr) and The Galant sedan (America). The tail lights on those swoope down and in towards the trunk.