Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Found Part # for our Air Filters

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Found Part # for our Air Filters

OK, today after I topped off my oil, I took the opportunity while the hood was up, to finally get around to getting at the air filter. I was curious what replacement we could get for it. Naturally, our user's manual is UTTERLY useless in this regard!!

The only thing the user's manual says is to 'buy a new filter and replace' (paraphrasing), uh yea...thanks..
    No part #, NOTHING.

Even the instructions to get at the air filter are terrible. It says to just unclamp the 2 metal clips and you can remove the air filter. Not at all, you have to unscrew the clamp to the right of the MAF sensor to actually get the air filter out cleanly.

Anyways, I checked out the air filter, and on the side it said:

Denso MQeD, Made in Thailand, 1500A617

Of course, I tried googling this part #, nothing.

I tried going straight to Denso's website to look up the part #, again, nothing.

Can anyone find what to do with this part #?? Or are we stuck having to buy from the stealership??

-Charlie-

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes, the User Manual is way to ambiguous. I'm looking forward to find the FSM... if it came out already.

No luck with the filter P/N.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Definitely looking forward to the FSM.

I've never bought a new car before. How long does it take for aftermarket components (simple stuff like air filters, cabin air filters), to show up at 'normal' places like Autozone, Advanced Auto Parts, O'reilly's?

My Mobil1 filter didn't even show up as compatible for the Mirage on their own website. Just wondering how long it might be until I can just go the auto parts store, give the year, make, model, part desired, and voila, that's it.

-Charlie-

Member BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just picked up my new 2014 Mirage ES CVT on 12 Aug 14. Asked dealership parts counter what cost would be to me for DIY install the cabin air filter. Dealer parts person said $37.14 + tax. Anybody have a lead on a cheaper source?
    Last edited by BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT; 08-13-2014 at 08:39 PM. Reason: clarity

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.4 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wait..$40 for just the air filter??? Never thought I'd say this, but save us Fram!

-Charlie-

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    OK, today after I topped off my oil
    Sorry to threadjack....

Is your Mirage requiring additional oil between changes?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VespaGoGo View Post
    Sorry to threadjack....

Is your Mirage requiring additional oil between changes?
    You read my mind!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    We'll need a few months at best for aftermarket parts to start popping out. As for the FSM, I won't even think about it for a big while.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R01k View Post
    We'll need a few months at best for aftermarket parts to start popping out. As for the FSM, I won't even think about it for a big while.
    Don't know what you're talking about as the car's been out since '13. All the aftermarket stuff are just overseas.

Don't think a lot of US companies will support the mirage either. I was surprised to see uhaul interested lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Don't know what you're talking about as the car's been out since '13. All the aftermarket stuff are just overseas.

Don't think a lot of US companies will support the mirage either. I was surprised to see uhaul interested lol.
    I'm taking about the wait until the aftermarket parts disponibility reaches the same level than for other cars.