Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone going to MOD (Mitsu Owners Day) 2014? Sat July 12th, Cypress, California

Anyone going to MOD (Mitsu Owners Day) 2014? Sat July 12th, Cypress, California

M.O.D. is sort of Mitsu's "customer appreciation day" - a big one day meeting of Mitsu enthusiasts at their Cypress, CA headquarters.

Any Mirage owners going to represent?

Of interest to Mirage fans will be the...

U.S. debut of the sleek Mitsubishi Mirage G4 – a sedan version of the hot-selling fuel-efficient and affordably-priced Mitsubishi Mirage 5-door.
    I'd be going if I lived in the area!

Here's the full announcement:

Mitsubishi Motors Owners and Enthusiasts Gear Up for Best-Ever 2014 Mitsubishi Owners Day (MOD)

North American debut of the futuristic Mitsubishi Concept XR-PHEV, and the unveiling of the 2015 Mitsubishi Motors vehicle lineup

Cypress, California, July 8, 2014 -

Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) will host its biggest and best-ever annual celebration for thousands of loyal Mitsubishi Motors brand enthusiasts at the 2014 Mitsubishi Owner's Day (MOD) at the company's North American headquarters located at 6400 Katella Avenue in Cypress, California 90630. The festivities kick off at 9:00 am on Saturday July 12, with the event open to the public and admission completely free of charge.

Attended by thousands of diehard Mitsubishi Motors fans and their 1,200-plus Mitsubishi Motors vehicles every year – numerous generations of the legendary Lancer Evolution high-performance sports sedan, the adventurous Outlander and Montero, sporty coupes including various iterations of the Eclipse and turbocharged Starion, the technologically-advanced 3000 GT sports car, and the eye-catching Galant sedan – the annual Mitsubishi Owner's Day (MOD) is a must-see event for automotive enthusiasts.

And with more sights and attractions than ever before, MOD 2014 promises to be the biggest and best Mitsubishi Owners Day ever. MOD 2014 highlights include:

• North American debut of the visionary Mitsubishi Concept XR-PHEV that takes the compact SUV/crossover to the next level with its bold styling, reduced weight, and a highly efficient 1.1-liter direct-injected and turbocharged engine-based plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) drivetrain.
    • North American premiere of the entire 2015 Mitsubishi Motors model lineup, including the updated 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport.
    • U.S. debut of the sleek Mitsubishi Mirage G4 – a sedan version of the hot-selling fuel-efficient and affordably-priced Mitsubishi Mirage 5-door.
    • The 2014 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb race-winning Mitsubishi MiEV Evolution III electric-powered racing prototype.
    • Meet the star of Mitsubishi Motors' upcoming commercial for the newly updated 2015 Outlander Sport, freeride mountain bike star Cam McCaul (autograph signing from 9:00 to 11:00 am).

Fun events/displays include the awesome Rockford Fosgate® SoundLab, VANS BMX and skateboard team demonstrations, Red Bull free samples, the 2014 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb customized/modified Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution and Outlander "Official Safety Vehicles," and much more.

MOD 2014 attendees will have a chance to win fabulous prizes including one-of-a-kind MOD 2014 Oakley sunglasses through a Mitsubishi Motors social media giveaway (attendees are encouraged to tag #MOD2014 on Twitter and Instagram), along with great prizes awarded to the People's Choice Award, Longest Drive Award and the king of the all-powerful Dyno Challenge.

Attendees who choose to display their own Mitsubishi Motors vehicle at MOD 2014 will receive a coupon for a free lunch combo from the In-N-Out Burger's catering truck that will be on the Mitsubishi Motors campus for the event (additional combo meal tickets can be purchased for only $5.00 at the MMNA Food/Apparel booths), along with a delicious shaved ice treat for dessert.

For more information about Mitsubishi Owner's Day, visit us at mitsubishicars.com, Facebook.com/mitsubishi, Twitter.com/mitsucars, and Instagram.com/mitsubishimotors.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Little late for this. Would have gone.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Mod 2014

So finally MOD is over. Was up since 330am going on the event with only 1 hour of sleep. On the parking structure I was the only mirage. I was kinda surprised how much attention it got. Pictures and videos might show up online. I had my mirageforum decals on . Ill post some pictures as soon as they become available. They had the sedan version of the mirage and it will be here in the states soon

Woohoo! Way to represent!!

Sedan: NEED MORE INFO! Seriously. What did they say?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    no prob go ahead. Too bad I was dead tired and really wasn't prepared. Should of taken pictures. When I was walking I overheard the representative on the speaker say the G4 will be here around ____. I didnt quite hear the date -_-. I was walking and actually saw the car. They had it on display kinda cool. Pretty sure after today they will reveal the mirage info online.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Pics from MOD 2014 (Mirages only)

I only managed to attend the MOD2014 for 1.5 hour, and I spent all this time to take pictures and to eat In-n-out

US debut of Mirage G4.
    Name:  g01.jpg
Views: 2010
Size:  93.5 KB
    Name:  g09.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  97.6 KB
    Name:  g02.jpg
Views: 1253
Size:  91.3 KB
    Name:  g07.jpg
Views: 1588
Size:  94.1 KB
    GLS trim (from Asian Market?)
    Name:  g03.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  64.4 KB
    It has the KM/H speedometer.
    Name:  g04.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  87.0 KB
    Nice 15" alloy wheels
    Name:  g05.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  88.2 KB
    Tire size
    Name:  g08.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  55.0 KB
    Desired beige interior maybe will not be available for US.
    Name:  g06.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  91.5 KB

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    And guess what? Some pics of not the US-spec Mirages.
    Name:  g10.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  83.7 KB
    Name:  g11.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  75.2 KB
    Name:  g12.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  62.0 KB
    Name:  g13.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  43.7 KB
    Name:  g15.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  79.8 KB
    Name:  g16.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  80.0 KB
    Name:  g17.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  75.3 KB
    Name:  g18.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  77.6 KB
    Name:  g19.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  89.1 KB
    Name:  g20.jpg
Views: 653
Size:  65.2 KB

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mikhail For This Useful Post:

Daox (07-17-2014),MetroMPG (07-13-2014)

Nice pics - thanks, Mikhail!

Odd that they would have the non-US hatchbacks on display. Like that rear bumper though.

Quote Originally Posted by socal6g View Post
    I overheard the representative on the speaker say the G4 will be here around ____. I didnt quite hear the date -_-.
    That's funny. I'm sure we'll hear more soon enough.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cool

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Im glad you showed up!!!!!! If i i lived down ther i would of. Went. GREAT JOB.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)