Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mirage awarded "Best Value / Lowest Total Cost of Ownership" Canada, US. - Vincentric

And again for 2019

Makes and Models with the Best Value in Canada for 2019

Market analysis firm Vincentric recently announced its eighth annual Best Value in Canada Awards for new vehicles. The winners are those who had a lower than expected ownership cost given their market segment and price.
    Below is a list of model-level value award winners:

• Subcompact car - Mitsubishi Mirage
    • Compact car - Toyota Corolla
    • Midsize car - Ford Fusion
    • Large car - Chevrolet Impala
    • Sports car - Hyundai Veloster
    • Hybrid car - Toyota Prius c
    • Electric/plug-In hybrid car - Kia Soul EV

https://www.guideautoweb.com/en/arti...nada-for-2019/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Makes and Models with the Best Value in Canada for 2019

Below is a list of model-level value award winners:

• Subcompact car - Mitsubishi Mirage
    • Compact car - Toyota Corolla
    • Midsize car - Ford Fusion
    • Large car - Chevrolet Impala
    • Sports car - Hyundai Veloster
    • Hybrid car - Toyota Prius c
    • Electric/plug-In hybrid car - Kia Soul EV

https://www.guideautoweb.com/en/arti...nada-for-2019/
    Congrats to the Mirage again!

What's striking about that list -

Ford Fusion, Chevy Impala, & Toyota Pruis c are already on the chopping block for next year.

Personally, I think Chevy/Ford are taking a gamble on the relatively stable gas prices we have had the past few years.

2020: Mirage wins for 4th consecutive year

Yay:

CANADA’S TOP FUEL EFFICIENT GAS CAR TOPS VINCENTRIC’S BEST VALUE AWARD

... Canada’s most fuel-efficient non-hybrid gasoline fueled vehicle, Mitsubishi Mirage ES has earned the Vincentric Best Fleet Value in Canada Award in the subcompact hatchback category for the fourth consecutive year.

The study measured 24 scenarios and Mirage ES outperformed its competitors in a number of areas including depreciation, fee & taxes, financing, insurance, fuel costs, maintenance and repairs.
    From: https://www.mitsubishi-motors-pr.ca/...st-value-award

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-28-2020),mitsumi (08-29-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks MetroMPG for this post. Inadvertently, I learned more about Mitsubishi Canada. Who knew they are the only automaker around here that donates to the Breakfast Club of Canada? That is a good cause for sure.

Makes you feel better about all that money a new Mirage costs. The $12,298 they quote doesn't include freight, tax, automatic (a must for many), etc.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

I just did a build and price for a 2020 es(base) 5 speed. cash price of $12999 including tax pdi freight... But I clicked the loyalty bonus button and saved $500. Gotta love that pst/hst lol . $14259 for a cvt model. Still not bad, $1260 extra for an auto is less of a difference than it used to be.

Just for sharts looked into their financing they're offering. If I were to trade in my car in I'd hope to get at least $4000 (it only has 46,000kms ish) otherwise I'd try to flog it privately and ask $6500. If I get 4000 for a trade I could finance a 2020 cvt for 3 years for $312/month for 36 months(the shortest term they offer online). Almost worth Ditching mine and upgrading in a way but I don't see the point, there's nothing wrong with mine other than being sluggish once in a while from a stop and I don't like the seats.
    Last edited by Fummins; 08-28-2020 at 09:27 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Almost worth Ditching mine and upgrading in a way but I don't see the point, there's nothing wrong with mine other than being sluggish once in a while from a stop and I don't like the seats.
    That's cheap. And the short term financing with low payments is a win win. Still, why bother? Do you want more car payments? Also, I would definitely go 5 speed manual if you upgrade. Car is not as sluggish off the line. And winter driving gets improved.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Attachment 1291

The Mirage just won an award in Canada for "Best Fleet Value 2014" in its segment.

Not surprisingly, the car's excellent fuel economy contributed, as well as its "lowest in class depreciation."

The award specifies the base level car. (Presumably with the CVT, but it didn't say.)

Source: Vincentric 2014 Canada Fleet Winner - Micro class

Full range of winners:
    VINCENTRIC BEST FLEET VALUE IN CANADA AWARDS - 2014 Award Winners

Above chart based on 3 years and 30,000 kilometers per year.

This study is similar to several others that have singled out the Mirage for its low cost of ownership:

Any idea what "Opportunity Cost" is? Anyone?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bear View Post
    Any idea what "Opportunity Cost" is? Anyone?
    Not knowing, I googled it. This is what I found -

"If you buy the car, your opportunity cost is all the money you could've made investing — nearly $15,000! That's over twice your initial investment in spendable or investable passive income. If you decide to invest, your opportunity cost is a set of wheels." Jun 10, 2022

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Typically it would mean what you gave up by choosing this option. So for example, if there was a competitor in this segment that had adaptive cruise control, the Mirage doesn't offer that, so it is a cost of the opportunity for that option.

But the Mirage fairs rather well in this, because despite being super affordable it has many creature comforts that aren't technically necessary like Bluetooth connectivity, Auto HVAC (even tho Mark and 7MO dont consider that a plus ), etc.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

Eggman (02-05-2024),Grumpy Bear (02-05-2024)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thank you both.