Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage awarded "Best Value / Lowest Total Cost of Ownership" Canada, US. - Vincentric

Mirage awarded "Best Value / Lowest Total Cost of Ownership" Canada, US. - Vincentric

Name:  mirage-vincentric.jpg
Views: 1362
Size:  34.0 KB

The Mirage just won an award in Canada for "Best Fleet Value 2014" in its segment.

The Mitsubishi Mirage conquered the competition in this year's newly added micro segment, winning the Vincentric Best Fleet Value in Canada award for the first time. The Mirage delivered the lowest total cost of ownership in every one of the 24 lifecycle scenarios measured.
    Not surprisingly, the car's excellent fuel economy contributed, as well as its "lowest in class depreciation."

The award specifies the base level car. (Presumably with the CVT, but it didn't say.)

Source: Vincentric 2014 Canada Fleet Winner - Micro class

Full range of winners:
    VINCENTRIC BEST FLEET VALUE IN CANADA AWARDS - 2014 Award Winners

Above chart based on 3 years and 30,000 kilometers per year.

This study is similar to several others that have singled out the Mirage for its low cost of ownership:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

MysticMirage (07-09-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is the second report I've seen that lists the Mirage as having higher than average maintenance costs. Does anyone know where these numbers are coming from? Is it because the Mirage uses synthetic oil (all three quarts of it)?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yay to the Mirage

Quote Originally Posted by Yttrium View Post
    This is the second report I've seen that lists the Mirage as having higher than average maintenance costs. Does anyone know where these numbers are coming from? Is it because the Mirage uses synthetic oil (all three quarts of it)?
    I think that there predicting that just because its a Mitsubishi, its going to have high repair bills. Even tho there is no proof in that pudding

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grsupercity View Post
    I think that there predicting that just because its a Mitsubishi, its going to have high repair bills.
    I think the same.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    It's likely due to the MIRAGE needing valve adjustment performed every 30,000 miles which could take a bite out of the savings in gas. Read of this a few days ago at https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motora...185624949.html . A valve adjustment can cost up to $300 .
    Last edited by cinder; 07-10-2014 at 03:24 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cinder For This Useful Post:

R01k (07-10-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here's the maintenance schedule at MITSUBISHI . https://mcarsstatic.cachefly.net/pdf...aintenance.pdf and here ( enter mileage ) https://www.mitsubishicars.com/owner...nance-schedule .
    Last edited by cinder; 07-10-2014 at 03:37 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks Metro.

The graph is clearly erroneous, though. 3 years would not depreciate $9000, and the $6000 finance costs are through the roof as well (that's almost 20% interest with nothing paid on the principal). Possibly an image formatting error? Or is the scale labeled incorrectly?

Interesting how the Camry depreciates almost the same amount, despite being twice as expensive at the outset. The Yaris has a strong showing too - possibly beating the Mirage though it is in a different segment. Like I said above, though, the graphs don't seem credible.
    Last edited by Canoehead; 07-10-2014 at 04:19 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Its not hard to do valve adjustments...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'd say most are not capable of the valve adjustment .

Canoehead - I wonder if the "depreciation" is an accounting issue rather than actual value. If I'm not mistaken, business use of an auto permits you to claim 30% depreciation per year as a tax-deductible business expense.

That doesn't explain how it could be equal to the Camry though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)