Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello World

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Hello World

What's up! I'm the proud (second)owner of a 2014 Kiwi Green 5-spd, with only 13k on the clock so far. I commute a lot for my work and my schoolin', so I needed something economical but still enjoyable. Test driving the Mirage was what sold me on it. The manual feels great, a feathery clutch and easy to row gears. I love the 3-cyl 'burble', its definitely unique. The motor seems to be okay with revving up high or just puttering along, so I can eat my cake and have it too. All in all, the car and I clicked fairly instantly. The kiwi green is awesome, it totally makes the car pop! The only bummer is, the first owner didn't take very good care of the vehicle... so, I've got a nice little project bringing it back to showroom quality and keeping it there.

I plan to keep and maintain it for it's entire life, though I've never owned a Mitsu so I'm not sure what to expect. I plan to do some light cosmetic mods and suspension work over time, though I doubt I'll attempt any "performance" mods until something substantial like a turbo kit hits the market. From what I can tell, the car really is designed to squeeze every ounce of power it can while still delivering phenomenal fuel economy. Speaking of, I'm averaging ~40 mpg, which is phenomenal considering how I drive it! I look forward to being a long-term member of this awesome forum, and can't wait to earn some free swag for a DIY article or something!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site GrnBn! Its great to hear you're liking your Mirage so much.

I am curious though, if you don't mind, how much did you pay for it?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    and how many miles did it have when you bought it?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    chances are if you do get a turbo kit, you will not be getting ~40 MPG...just sayin' haha

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    chances are if you do get a turbo kit, you will not be getting ~40 MPG...just sayin' haha
    Quite the contrary. As I have already stated in another thread, and another person has also agreed with my comment, adding a turbo may keep - or increase - hwy mpg.

It all depends on how heavy your foot is and how much boost you're pushing. Seeing 5psi on stock internals has been proven to be safe - for at least 50k miles. However, there are a lots of things to consider: quality of materials, tune, your foot, etc.

Welcome, GrnBn!

Congrats on the purchase. Second hand is probably the route I will take with a Mirage... one of these years. (I'm happy to see it selling relatively well so there will be used options.)

I'm curious about what you were driving before.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow, Thanks for all the awesome feedback/questions from everyone! I knew this was a friendly forum, but I'm stoked to receive such a warm welcome here. Now, for answers.

Since I bought the car secondhand, I payed right around (US)$13k. It has Bluetooth, fog lights, cargo mat and sweet Mirage floor mats. It had 13,144 miles on it when I bought it, and now is around 16k. My previous car is still in the family, an 05 Hyundai Accent with ~150,000 miles on it. I gave it to my S.O, so she can use it to get around town or visit family. Were I to go the forced induction route, I'd wait til there was a complete turbo kit on the market. I'm not trying to be a test pilot so I'm sure it will be a while. Thanks everyone!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    HELLO,,,,,,,,Green bean,!!!!!!!! Glad to read your post. It's Great you got a mirage!!!!!! The best advice. I can give is to change the oil at regular times on time.I know for mine I was encouraged from the forum to change it Wright any since I had 2.200 on it.so I did.I'm glad I did.to help me prolong my jelly bean. Oh by the way, there's three jelly beans,,,,, green bean, bluejelly bean,& black jelly bean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    LOL, I'm loving it like McDonalds in here!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cool

Our beans are jumping. To MCDS olO olo my picture of my Blue jelly Been. Is in my profile. I haven't mastered on how to put my picture on my post. Do you have a picture of yours/? Let me know
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBn View Post
    LOL, I'm loving it like McDonalds in here!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)