Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts

Mitsu UK press release - Mirage arrival brings a vision of value

Its a bit late, but I figured we should still have the info here:

MIRAGE ARRIVAL BRINGS A VISION OF VALUE

Feb 18, 2013

BRISTOL, UK – The Mitsubishi Mirage has arrived in the UK ahead of its eagerly awaited showroom launch this spring.

The all-new model – a compact family car conceived to meet the needs of markets globally – marks the brand’s return to the core values of the traditional B-segment.

It has therefore been designed and engineered from the wheels up to offer a winning blend of chic styling, comfort and low running costs.

The attractive newcomer is lighter, more efficient and more nimble than the typical small car but still boasts plenty of space for five adults.

And it forms part of a major product offensive that will see the Mitsubishi line-up go from strength-to-strength in 2013.

Lance Bradley, Managing Director of Mitsubishi Motors in the UK, said:

“The new Mirage is the perfect car for its time and I’m confident it will be a popular addition to the Mitsubishi family. With the Mirage, we have focused on the traditional values of the supermini segment to create a family car which delivers comfort, performance, excellent environmental credentials and superb fuel economy for an outstanding price, and with absolutely no road tax on any of the range."

For more details on the Mirage or to find your local Mitsubishi retailer, visit www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

I checked the Mitsu UK twitter feed, and it looks like the car will just be arriving at local dealerships this week.

So we should expect the media frenzy to begin shortly, and hopefully we'll have some UK forum members as well.

PS - that's the same pic that I saw in another article: Mitsubishi Mirage arrives in UK (with photographic proof)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    United Kingdom in March, Germany in April:

Who's next?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star 'Instyle' 1.2 automatic: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.2 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to talldino For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-26-2013)

Hey, thanks! Do you recall where you saw the UK launch date? I couldn't find anything specific on the UK Mitsu site.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I read it on Facebook. It was a reply from Mitsu UK to someone asking: "When will it be in the showroom?":

The official launch will be in mid March:

http://www.citmagazine.com/article/1...ultiple-events
    Last edited by talldino; 02-26-2013 at 08:25 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star 'Instyle' 1.2 automatic: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.2 mpg (Imp)

Aha! I hadn't checked their FB page. Thanks for posting that.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    When the Space Star enters the German market in April, the dealerships will also sell model cars (1:43) in green, blue and black. The price will be around 22 Euros.

The source of this breaking news is the German Mitsubishi Fan Club "Red Diamondz".
    Here's a link if you want to read all about it:

http://www.red-diamondz.de/mitsubish...uto-1-43-cast/

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Hey, I want that green diecast Mirage! It looks exactly like my car!

Why no little diecast cars for us? *sob*

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Cool i would like one of those model cars.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    More introduction news: the dealerships in Austria will start selling the Space Star on April 5th (source: Mitsubishi-motors at) and in Germany the launch-date is rumoured to be April 13/14 (during the Cherry Blossom Festival).