Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I`m Very Impressed!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

I`m Very Impressed!

Good Day to All;
    Picked up our new Thunder Gray CVT last Thursday,and I must say that I cannot duplicate the negatives that some of the `auto review experts` are stating. I am a professional auto service technician here in Ontario,and tend to judge this Mirage for what it was designed to be.I`m thinking that some of the reviewers may be comparing it to vehicles outside of the Mirage class. I am totally impressed with every aspect of this car.Sure,it does not have the quarter mile times of a Corvette,but it was never professed to have! I sometimes check the tach to see if it is running at a stop light,it`s that smooth. What `body roll`?? It`s just fine. Steering is great.I can go on,and likely will as time passes,so I will keep you all posted.To this point, I will say that I am truly impressed.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Im vary glad to hear your enjoying it!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome.

I definitely agree with you.

What vehicle did you previously have?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Red face

Im Really. Glad to hear you say what I said all along.this Mirage is Awesome and I tell everyone not to believe the negative things you read on the web.they are the promoters of Honda &Toyota. You made a wize Choise ,I'm glad you inpressed with this Great car
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffsmith101 View Post
    Good Day to All;
    Picked up our new Thunder Gray CVT last Thursday,and I must say that I cannot duplicate the negatives that some of the `auto review experts` are stating. I am a professional auto service technician here in Ontario,and tend to judge this Mirage for what it was designed to be.I`m thinking that some of the reviewers may be comparing it to vehicles outside of the Mirage class. I am totally impressed with every aspect of this car.Sure,it does not have the quarter mile times of a Corvette,but it was never professed to have! I sometimes check the tach to see if it is running at a stop light,it`s that smooth. What `body roll`?? It`s just fine. Steering is great.I can go on,and likely will as time passes,so I will keep you all posted.To this point, I will say that I am truly impressed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yay, another happy Mirage owner!

I DEFINITELY agree with you about reviews from the 'experts'. They always do seem to compare the car being reviewed with cars outside its class, not concentrating on what it was designed to do.

To be as equally unreasonable, it's like if I were to review the Titan V8 and complain that it does not get the mpg like I can get from the Mirage. Now I have never owned a truck, but if I were to do a review on it, even I know that one of the main points I would be judging it on would be towing capability.

Now, with that said, though I am thoroughly enamored with the Mirage, I can definitely notice the exaggerated body roll and I do not even drive the least bit agressive. I take my turns very 'civilized'. I am more than fine with that though b/c I know that the softer suspension also comes with the benefit of a soft ride, and the focus of the Mirage when being designed and built could not have been great, sporty handling. Consumers with that focus would definitely be shopping for another car.

I know what my priority was when I got the Mirage: I needed an economical new car with great fuel efficiency. I can think of no other car offered in the U.S. that meets these requirements as well as the Mirage does.

I was at a Prius forum and someone was excited that they got 56 mpg for a trip. I have reached this mark several times in the Mirage, but I did not have to pay the extra ~ $10,000 for the Prius.

-Charlie-

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site Jeff. Its good to have another satisfied Mirage owner!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Yes, welcome Jeff!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Hey Guys!! Thank you all for the warm welcome.I tend to tell it like it is,so you can expect to hear a lot from me. Best Regards.

Welcome to the forum, Jeff.

What part of Ontario are you in? I'm in the eastern end: 1000 Islands region on the St. Lawrence River.

I am a professional auto service technician here in Ontario,and tend to judge this Mirage for what it was designed to be.I`m thinking that some of the reviewers may be comparing it to vehicles outside of the Mirage class.
    I think you hit the nail on the head, there.

Don't forget to make a garage entry: add car

And feel free to add your fuel consumption to our fuel log.

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I am Just west of Owen Sound,Darin.