Edumund.com
Vehicle
2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)
Review
I have owned this care for 4 moths. The best mpg of any care I have driven not to mention the price. The only thing I can't figure out is why all the so called professional reviewers give it such poor reviews. I think if your in the market for a inexpensive car with great mpg read the owners review and take one for a test drive you will be pleasantly surprised. 8363 owners can't be wrong this year.
Favorite Features
All the standard features in the ES model, like blue tooth hands free system.
Suggested Improvements
More inferior choices
----------------------------------------------
I dont understand the bad reviews
By db1980 on 05/01/14 15:55 PM (PDT)
Vehicle
2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)
Review
Seems like car reviewers focus on how horrible the car is. Depends on what you are looking for. I hate the big bloated heavy cars everyone seems to love. I wanted a warranty, cheap to buy and cheap to drive. Car scores huge on all points there. It also has nice features for the price. I reccomend the ES manual with no extra options. CVT is for the lazy, and it adds a lot to the price of the car. It has a growly engine sound (I find this a positive not a negative). Handling can be improved greatly by adding a $200 rear sway bar. Styling is so so. Interior is hard plastic but seems like there is very little to break. It is designed to be practical and durable. No defects so far
Favorite Features
Cheap, practical, proximity key, bluetooth. Its just an EASY no hassle car.
Suggested Improvements
Better handling and steering feel. More choices in 'mature' colors.
------------------------------------
My Little Weatherproof Motorcycle
By tinycarguy on 03/31/14 00:11 AM (PDT)
Vehicle
2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)
Review
I love this car! It gives me everything I need: a roof, an engine, and wheels. You will be hard pressed to find a less expensive new car, and even harder pressed to find one with this kind of gas mileage. I, too came from a Nissan Versa, and while that was cheaper, it didn't get anywhere near this mileage. I'm able to get it up to 56 mpg if I drive it right, and that's on the hilly back roads of NH. If you want to punch it , you can still average around 30ish. The interior is larger than the Spark and Fiesta, power windows and locks are standard, and it's been a pleasure to own so far. For the economically minded, this car can't be beat.
Favorite Features
Gas Mileage Low cost Standard Power Locks and Windows Standard Keyless entry Standard Traction & Stability Control Gas Mileage The engine warms up fast - perfect for the winter Plenty o' cupholders Gas Mileage
Suggested Improvements
I'd like it to handle a little better around turns You'll find the steering is really loose when you first drive it, but hardly notice after a thousand miles or so.
--------------------------------------------------
Vehicle
2014 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

Review
Mirage ES w/ CVT automatic, and Navigation. Excellent car, 3,200 miles to date and zero problems - just keeps on getting better! As of October 2013 the base model was the least expensive new car available in the USA, even though it had far more standard features than the 2nd least expensive (Nissan Versa). At 1,600 miles I got 55.3 MPG at 55 MPH, 53.4 MPG at steady 65 MPH. My daily average MPG is about 42, but my MPG keeps improving as the car gets more miles on it. Great in snow, even without switching to winter tires. 6" is deepest snow driven in so far.
-------------------------------------------------
Love my Mirage
By kdcka1 on 12/27/13 14:46 PM (PST)
Vehicle
Review
I was attracted to this car because of the low purchase price and low fuel costs - I get up to 48 MPG ! I think it is adorable and fun to drive. It is liberating to not feel the money flying out of your pockets every time you go somewhere. I previously drove a Jeep and got about 15 MPG. It is full of standard features and does not feel like a cheap car at all. My Jeep was a 2005 loaded limited edition - and I do not feel deprived at all making the change. Great bargain, reliable, and feels like you spent more than you did. Great size to sneak into small parking spaces.
Favorite Features
Fast Key and Fast Start (push button start and push button entry). Costs me under $25 to fill the tank! My Mitsubishi dealer gives me free oil change and filter biannually, free inspection, free car washes and free tire rotations. Love the hands free Bluetooth phone system, leather wrapped steering wheel and I really like the interior. It's just really cute from the front and kinda sporty from the back.
Suggested Improvements
Not sure, but I think the improvements I would suggest might compromise the high MPG. I think maybe a 4cylinder would be a little better than the 3 cylinder and it is noisy. With that said, it has a nice stereo and if you turn it up it drowns out the noise. These things are probably what is compromised to get the high MPG. Not enough to bother me though.
---------------------------------
Cute!
By lisasue on 12/18/13 12:25 PM (PST)
Vehicle
Review
I was unsure of this car, but my husband liked the safety features, so I agreed to test drive it. I like the fact that I get such killer gas mileage, and it always starts right up! Plus it's easy to find a place to park. It's not real great on the freeway, but driving around town it's awesome. All in all, I would do it again.
Favorite Features
Push button start, great radio sound, and perfect size for sneaking into small parking spots!
Suggested Improvements
Perhaps a bit of insulation to keep out some of the road noise would be nice.
----------------------------------