Thread: Hello From Maine

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Hello From Maine

Just came across this forum and wanted to jump into the fray and see what's happening here. I recently purchased a new Mirage for my wife and am encouraged so far to say the least. I never envisioned us buying this little gem, it's Sapphire Blue by the way, especially after reading the "professional reviewers" thoughts on the car. After reading actual owner reviews we decided to jump in.

After only a couple of months and barely over 3000 miles we could not be happier with the purchase. Reliability etc, well time will tell that story so its a unknown at this point, but it seems to be a well thought out and well built little vehicle.

Tracking the mileage since we got it, its hovering around 47 highway and local combined regardless of the a/c is on or not, little? yes it is, but only from the outside, I am amazed at how it feels while driving and riding in it, not shy on the highway at all, and happy to cruise at 75/80, just does not get there as quick as some other vehicles. I do actually really like this car ( don't tell my wife that ) , I realize handling and acceleration are not Le Mans style, but I don't have a track near me and its not what I bought it for. Turns out its economical, practical and fun to drive!!! who knew?? Glad to find this forum, till next time!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site and congratulations on the Mirage. Its good to see another happy owner despite the overwhelming negative "professional" reviews.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome, Max! Glad to hear you're enjoying your Mirage I agree, it's fun to drive!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cool

Welcome its nice to hear that you have a Blue mirage. That's the. Color I have.glad you caught the mirage fever!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Milano View Post
    Just came across this forum and wanted to jump into the fray and see what's happening here. I recently purchased a new Mirage for my wife and am encouraged so far to say the least. I never envisioned us buying this little gem, it's Sapphire Blue by the way, especially after reading the "professional reviewers" thoughts on the car. After reading actual owner reviews we decided to jump in.

After only a couple of months and barely over 3000 miles we could not be happier with the purchase. Reliability etc, well time will tell that story so its a unknown at this point, but it seems to be a well thought out and well built little vehicle.

Tracking the mileage since we got it, its hovering around 47 highway and local combined regardless of the a/c is on or not, little? yes it is, but only from the outside, I am amazed at how it feels while driving and riding in it, not shy on the highway at all, and happy to cruise at 75/80, just does not get there as quick as some other vehicles. I do actually really like this car ( don't tell my wife that ) , I realize handling and acceleration are not Le Mans style, but I don't have a track near me and its not what I bought it for. Turns out its economical, practical and fun to drive!!! who knew?? Glad to find this forum, till next time!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Welcome and gratz on the purchase! I like the blue one, it's nice!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hi, Glad to see another Mainer here. I have decided to purchase a Mirage as well, actually after getting a lot of good info from this site and doing some research. Could you tell me where you bought yours, who you dealt with, etc...Also, what model and any other purchase info youd like to provide. I test drove one 2x at Pape Mitsubishi in South Portland. I myself live in Biddeford. Thanks, Mike

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Smile

Welcome and good that you're enjoying the car .

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Hello, From bluejellybean :) :)

Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    Welcome and gratz on the purchase! I like the blue one, it's nice!
    I'm glad I got blue myself! When we picked ours. They only had white green silver black& sapphire blue.and I really whanted? the red.but my second choice was blue. I've had a lot of comments on how cute my car is.here's my car

hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to debburyl For This Useful Post:

IwantaMirage (09-07-2014)