Thread: Australia: Mirage sedan vs. Honda City sedan (caradvice.com.au)

Australia: Mirage sedan vs. Honda City sedan (caradvice.com.au)

Name:  g4-vs-honda-city.jpg
Views: 1309
Size:  60.5 KB

I'm not familiar with the Honda City -- we don't get it in North America (or many other subcompact sedans). But this will still be useful for Australian searchers, and it gives more context on the Mirage sedan even if you'll never set eyeball upon its competition.

Notable comment on the Mirage:

"The Mirage, in particular, feels much more planted than its hatchback sibling thanks to its larger body and 100mm-longer wheelbase."

Summary of the cars' strengths, according to this review...

Mirage LS sedan
    Honda City VTi
    trunk/boot space 450 a whopping 536 L
    wheels
    alloys steelies
    climate control automatic manual
    cruise control - yes
    reversing camera - yes
    warranty/assistance superior 130k warranty + 1 year of roadside assistance 100k
    service costs considerably cheaper capped servicing ($917 less over 3 yrs)
    engine "boisterous, gruff" loud above 5k RPM more refined, more powerful 1.5L, 4-cylinder is this Honda's highlight
    CVT well suited to the engine, quick to respond slower response masked by more engine power
    steering slow 3.5 turns is no fun, but great turning radius 3.0 turns
    ride
    "largely composed" "fidgety"
    cabin noise high wind & road noise above average sound suppression for this category
    seats (subjective!) reviewer found the Mitsu's seats more comfy better lateral support
    other interior features - tilt steering only
    - no folding rear seat
    - has tilt & telescoping wheel;
    - 60/40 folding rear seat
    - more stowage, lighting, fabric touches

Overall:

The Mirage offers the best value for money, while the Honda offers more refinement, performance & interior features.

Fuel economy in this reviewer's test was nearly identical between the two cars @ 6.4L/100km (37 mpg US) for the Honda vs 6.6L/100 km (36 mpg US) for the Mirage.

Read the full review, see photos here:
    http://www.caradvice.com.au/298096/h...arison-review/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Mikhail (07-26-2014)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thanks for the post . We're considering one of the two . That's if they make it to the U.S.. There's talk of both being available here , but may be a year or so . Read the CITY ( Fit ) sedan will be made in Mexico like that of the 2015 Fit hatch . There has been some flaws with them from the factory . So , may be a longer wait until the bugs are corrected .

Country
    Thailand
    Thanks
    We have both of these in Thailand. The City is a nice car but considerably more expensive than the Attrage (Sedan). Not a fair comparison really, a completely different price bracket. But the Attrage comes out nearly as good and much better value.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    How much does the city cost compared to the G4?

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    If you have the money I would advise you to get the Honda City sedan. I really jealous of you guys, we only have hatchback here

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    If you have the money I would advise you to get the Honda City sedan. I really jealous of you guys, we only have hatchback here
    To each his own. If the g4 had more options for the $, I'd go for the g4. If the price was exactly the same, with exactly the same options, I'd test drive both and see where I should go.

The bigger engine may sway me AWAY from the city though.

Country
    Thailand
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    How much does the city cost compared to the G4?
    Hard to compare exact specs but the Attrage runs from 443,000 baht manual to 582,000 baht CVT. The City goes from 559,000 baht manual to 749,000 auto. About $32 to the baht. So the City is about 30% more across the whole range. As i said a different price class so of course it will be nicer. A fairer comparison would be with the Honda Amaze (the Brio sedan).