Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: getting better mpg,s

Hi Mini-Trail70 - welcome to the forum!

Your Mirage's mileage will improve slightly as it gets more miles on it & gets broken in, too.

What trans did you get? Post a garage entry: add car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I got the CVT because it had much lower RPM at 70mph than the 5 speed I test drove.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cool Hello from Bluejellybean :):):):):)

[QUOTE=Mini-Trail70;19566]I got the CVT because it had much lower RPM at 70mph than the 5 speed I test drove.[/QUOTEl

Mini- Trail 70 Welcome! ! GLAD YOU caught the Mirage Fever I'm glad you got the CVT trans that's what I've got.I test drove the stick didn't care for it.it made the engine sound different. But when I drove the cvt I loved it.give you some advice when you come to a light stop and then go.don't keep rolling and then hit the gas you might hear a clunk sound. Ever since I started doing that mine stopped. Have to get to know your mirage. Keep us posted.what color did you get?
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Getting about 42mpg average, and on the highway at 65-70 I get around 50MPG most of the time. Stock with 12,500 miles on it. Weight inside the car makes a big difference. If I keep it empty and dont drive around with a lot of crap in it I get better.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    InfraRed

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cool bluejellybean :):)

Quote Originally Posted by Mini-Trail70 View Post
    InfraRed
    Awesome, ! That was my Frist choice. They didn't have one in the DE. So they had my second choice sapphire blue!
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Db1980 that's so true about the weight in your car, to get the best gas mileage. So I carry very little in mine.and I try to take my time and enjoy driving my car.and I seems to get really good MPG with it.the last trip I took I got 50.1. But I still have less then 5.000 on it.so we will see the more miles I get on it if it gets better MPG
    hello from bluejellybean

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you guys for welcoming me to the Mirage site. I'm hoping to get some mileage and power added to this little engine by doing two things. First, put on a low restrictive exhaust muffler. Second, I just bought two stock air box front sections from the dealer yesterday. I am going to do surgery on the units so a round K&N will slide right on it. This will keep the MASS Air Flow Sensor that is on the car, but allow free-flow air to enter the engine. Cold or not is less important to me than free-flow. It would be easy to make it cold by adding additional tubing. The key is getting the electronics handled. I did those two modifications to my son's 2013 Accent and it REALLY helped by giving it more power and about 2.5mpg. Win-Win. I'll take picts when done and post before and after performance specs. Thank you.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The chart seems pretty darn accurate compared to what I've been observing. I drive on curvy, hilly country roads doing 60-65mph. My fuel economy cruising at 60mph is pretty consistently around 45mpg. Cruising at 65mph I'm seeing more like 40mpg. The hills really kill the fuel economy in this car because that little 3cyl has to work so hard to maintain speed. The engine wants to hang around 2500-3000 rpm most of my drive. Only when the road levels out will it drop to about 2000 rpm. When I'm able to drive on very flat roads, which is rare around here, the fuel economy has reached as high as 51mpg. I've actually seen it up to 60mpg, but it drops very quickly thanks to all the hills around here. Hills are this cars worst enemy in regard to fuel economy. It cruises like a bomb on flat roads.

Quote Originally Posted by palebeachbum View Post
    The chart seems pretty darn accurate compared to what I've been observing.
    Good to hear - thanks for the feedback.

Oh, and welcome to the forum! Going to post a garage entry for your car? Add garage entry

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)