Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to get best MPG on my new Mirage 5 speed? Can I get 50 mpg?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 91cavgt View Post
    I understand what you mean!! When I owned my '03 SRT-4 I didn't care about the gas mileage. All I cared about is hitting triple digit speeds once a day! When I had my turbo V6 Cavalier, my mindset was changing and I averaged 24 mpg with it, with the power to have fun and move when I wanted to. I guess I'm getting old because now I'd rather take it easy and enjoy the ride instead of see how fast I can get there!!
    Ive been missing the Evo more and more lately just because I cant move as fast as I used to. I hit 156 mph in the evo and it was exhilarating. I miss that but in order to afford all my toys now I needed something that could make money back from driving.

Quote Originally Posted by debburyl View Post
    Rkt, your MPG is awesome! !!!!!!!! That the way I drive. Gas prices here are OUT OF SIGHT!!!! so I really like it when I go along time before I put more gas in it.Everyone is in a big Hurry for what? A crash?
    Thanks. It takes a lot of work to get to those numbers and sometimes I say screw it and just want to get home, I drive 89 miles each way, so I average right around 42-44 if I gun it on the way home but most the time its my point of decompression so I try to cool it down. In the morning I always drive with technique though so it kinda makes up for my days where I just need to get home.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rkt Ship For This Useful Post:

Don (05-19-2015)