Thread: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage DE
    Red
    5-speed manual

•  
    Details

I-3, 1.2 l

•  
    Comments: 3 / Views: 3522
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome from bluejellybean what color did you get? Can't wait to see a picture of your mirage! Glad you caught the Mirage Fever
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Color is red. I stated it before. Photo will follow (it is dark now).

I used to drive a first-generation Honda Insight until summer 2012 (after that, I had no car at all for two years). Needless to say, the Insight looks better, its engine is quieter, its gas mileage is still unsurpassed (except by electric cars), and it will never rust. But the Mirage is more comfortable, which makes itself felt on longer distances, and it is more utilitarian because it offers more room. I am curious how the two will compare on the long run, after 50,000 miles or so.
    Mirage DE, Red, 5-speed manual, VIN ML32A3HJ7EH007818. Purchased new 07/19/2014.

Welcome, Son of Madi.

I had a 1st gen. Insight as well (for a couple of years - just sold it last summer). Amazing vehicle. But they will corrode - there are lots of steel components that were rusting on my car (winter roads here have lots of salt on them). Also I've seen corrosion bubbles in the aluminum itself on another local Insight. But nothing comparable to what a 14 year old steel car would have!

It's very interesting to compare the extents & strategies the engineers used in these two efficiency-focused cars.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)