Thread: speedlab header

Country
    United States
    Thanks

speedlab header

Who has one and what do you think about it? Good power? Better sound? Improved mpg?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage es 1.2 manual: 43.7 mpg (US) ... 18.6 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think only 3 people have bought one. I really wanna get full bolt ons for the car but the promise of a speed labs turbo kit keeps me from wanting to through anything down on na parts.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow they are developing a turbo kit? That would be great as long as it is a reliable design that wont affect cruising mpg too much. I was wondering on the quality of the header,i dont want it cracking or rusting out after a year or two.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage es 1.2 manual: 43.7 mpg (US) ... 18.6 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Last I heard they would look into a turbo kit IF they saw interest... and they really weren't seeing that much interest.

That said, I'd say their header looks pretty good quality. Its stainless steel construction, so it won't rust out fast. Cracking is another issue though... You need to make sure the weight of the exhaust isn't hanging on it.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by btavish View Post
    Wow they are developing a turbo kit? That would be great as long as it is a reliable design that wont affect cruising mpg too much. I was wondering on the quality of the header,i dont want it cracking or rusting out after a year or two.
    Not sure if it will work for the mirage, but I've had a lot of experience with NA cars getting BETTER hwyMPGs after installing a turbo.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    True, i have turboed an older corolla and a few Fiero's long time ago and hwy mpg went up in all cases except on cars that were also running a more aggressive cam or cams. I may try out this header in the coming months with a full install and review write up.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Anyone here know if the header causes the check engine light to come on in u.s. spec mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by btavish View Post
    Anyone here know if the header causes the check engine light to come on in u.s. spec mirage?
    I seriously doubt that it would, so long as there is a place for the oxygen sensor. The car won't know it has a header on it.

I'd also not worry too much about the speedlabs header being worse quality than the stock exhaust. Have you looked at the stock exhaust manifold? It looks like stamped sheet metal.