Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Heads up: A/C condensation drain comes loose easily

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    +1 for this issue. We were on a long drive and thought we must have spilled a water bottle or some such, as there must have been at least a liter of water spilled before we noticed. A bit of poking around and I found the hose was loose, and just put it back on friction-fit.

Same trip I had a tire develop a bulge (stock tires) and had a heck of a time finding replacements that fit - next time I'll consider a full-sized spare if going far from a big city. We were north of Thunder Bay, and not even the TB Mitsubishi dealer had any tires! I went with 175/65r14 Nordman Solstice all-weather - it was the best choice as it was the only choice and the alternative was 1000km of highway on a doughnut spare.

And a final bit of trivia if anyone is interested - 2 sea kayaks on a roof rack, loaded with a week's food and gear, trying to keep up with traffic, hilly terrain, and running the a/c dropped my typical 4.4-4.6l/100km to the range of 6.6-6.8l/100km. Pretty drastic increase, but still better than many cars.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I think someone on here mentioned that weather tech revised their floor mats because of this issue. <y passenger floor mat has 2 holes in it and came with plastic anchors to install below the mat and into the carpeting to prevent the mat from sliding forward. I think the weathertechs of a few years ago didnt have this and people had issues that the floor mat would slide forward and take out the AC condensate tube.

please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos