Thread: Awesome usage on fuel

Country
    Australia
    Thanks

Awesome usage on fuel

Hey guys

Not sure if this is the correct spot but I will try anyway :P
    I went on a car cruise to Lithgow on Saturday, It's around 141kms (85 or so miles) one way.
    Wasn't driving very fuel efficient (redlining most gears haha)
    Topped up my fuel tank on the way home around 5kms from my house.
    Filled up bit over 14 litres and had done 295kms. Was amazed at how far on how little it.
    Makes me wonder how much more it can do if I was driving sedately :P

Hope you enjoy my adventure

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Short fills are prone to inaccuracy. But, its definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

Truth be told, hard acceleration isn't that bad for fuel economy. Its if you immediately smash the brakes after using all the gas to accelerate thats bad.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I've have the car for over a year now and the ecomony remains below 5 litres /100 kms. I drive around town and highway use. I still love my pinky car. Thanks for this wonderful forum.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 47.4 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Short fills are prone to inaccuracy. But, its definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

Truth be told, hard acceleration isn't that bad for fuel economy. Its if you immediately smash the brakes after using all the gas to accelerate thats bad.
    Yeah, was just a rough estimate of how much I used.
    So taking the car to 6500rpm in first second and third is good for fuel? :P
    I was sitting constantly over 5000rpm trying to keep in the torque and power band haha.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I'm not saying its the best way to get good mileage. I'm just saying its really not as bad as most would think.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by pinky View Post
    I've have the car for over a year now and the ecomony remains below 5 litres /100 kms. I drive around town and highway use. I still love my pinky car.
    Thanks for the update, pinky! Glad you're still dropping by.

JT: hard acceleration isn't bad for fuel econ (provided it's not followed by braking). Sustained high revs are though! Still you pulled off some good numbers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Yeap, sounds about right, not when you're continuously driving 130 km/hour with your 1.0L .... done that last weekend, boy was I surprised .... avg usage 6.9 L/100 KM .... even more than city use!!!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)