Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why should you buy a Mirage?

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Back to topic ... yes you should buy a Mirage, nicely priced, good equipment, very nice mpg especially the manual, even 1.0L is more than sufficient for daily use. I love to rev up to 6000 rpms to get a nice rumble sound and get to 40-50 km/hours on first gear or so.
    DON't change the tyres, you will experience significant drop in mpg.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSkiddle View Post
    I have only come across horrible reviews on this poor Mirage for the exception of one from Arron Gold(about.com), he apparently likes this car.
    I wouldn't say the reviews are overwhelmingly negative - "mixed" or "polarized" is probably a better description. But the negative ones (NY Times, CR, Top Gear UK) get the most attention.

We've been tracking reviews -- there are links to literally over 200 in our media/press review subforum:

Mirage / Space Star Media Reviews & Road Tests

So I'm reaching out to anyone out there who owns either the DE or ES with a manual trans. to share you Mirage experience so far. Thank you.
    FYI, in case you haven't seen it, we also have a dedicated subforum where owners post their own reviews:

Reviews by Mirage / Space Star Owners (and tire-kickers)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I may have posted it before, but I find it really funny that the reviews aren't necessarily negative, but they aren't positive. Then, all of the user comments are "I love this car!" "This is the best car I have ever owned" "Great features for the price".

A lot of reviewers are quick to point out that it doesn't accelerate like an AMG Benz, doesn't handle like a BMW, doesn't have the interior of a Lincoln ... yes ... because the car costs a fraction of what others cost.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A Great Car and the MPG,S And the Warranty 10yr,s and join a Great Forum! And the Price you don't get RIPPED OFF from an OUT OF SIGHT PRICE that goes down like a Lead Brick!when you drive out of the drive way.that's why you Need a Mirage
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    We bought ours based on:
    1. Color - Plasma Purple (Wife loved it).
    2. Features for the price. (We have the ES with Navigation). Nothing came close price wise for the features.
    3. Gas Mileage - wanted a good around town car that didn't take a big mpg hit with mostly city driving.
    4. Warranty - Longest in the industry. Based on owning other Mitsubishi vehicles, they do stand behind their warranties.
    5. Fun factor - the car is a blast to drive both in town and on the highway.
    6. Nag factor - the nav system has a feature that gives you a verbal warning when you are exceeding the speed limit. Useful in our town, where the police are famous for writing speeding tickets for a couple of miles over the limit. (This can be tuned to give you some leeway or turned completely off). Wife loves this feature and I have learned to live with it.
    7 Attention Getter - this probably is part of the fun factor of the car, and is largely dependent on the color you choose, but with the Plasma Purple, people often comment on how "cute" the car is and want to ask you questions about it.
    8. Turning Radius - I didn't fully appreciate this until we already owned the vehicle, but the thing turns on a dime. Great for city driving and parking lots.

Quote Originally Posted by aydu View Post
    8. Turning Radius - I didn't fully appreciate this until we already owned the vehicle, but the thing turns on a dime. Great for city driving and parking lots.
    Same here. After driving the Mirage, an '07 Civic feels like it has the turning radius of a battleship by comparison.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Aydu,,,,,,, I have to Agree with you post.Purple is a Eye catcher. I saw one the other day and I did a fast look and blew my horn to say hi.It looks like we have the mirage fever SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT YOUR MIRAGE And hopefully people will wake up and see a Great car and buy one
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I parked next to a pink mirage the other day ...

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    What's the deal with the steering feel that some reviewers stressted? That guy from KBB stated that when you turn the car, say to the left, it does not return to center, as he explained "Set it and forget it". Have any of you experienced this?
    Also what about any excessive noise while driving? Does the car feel or sound "tinny" like economy cars from 15+ years ago?
    Why would you say this is a better car than say the Versa sedan or Versa note hatchback? Or would you say that they are similar?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What's the deal with the steering feel that some reviewers stressted?
    When driving straight, you have to correct the direction much more than in other cars; a little annoying at first until you get used. Also, after recovering from a turn, the wheels -and therefore the steering wheel- won't go to the "straight/center" position completely if you let the steering wheel slide through your palm.

Also what about any excessive noise while driving? Does the car feel or sound "tinny" (...)
    Not "tiny" at all. One of the surprising features of the Mirage is its plenty of head an leg room compared to other subcompacts.

Why would you say this is a better car than say the Versa sedan or Versa note hatchback? Or would you say that they are similar?
    Because the Versa has a depleted interior, lower MPG and you have to go to the third trim even to get power mirrors. Not similar at all. I test drove the Versa and concluded that you are just paying for an unimportant slightly softer ride and some aesthetics.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)