Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why should you buy a Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Why should you buy a Mirage?

I am new to this forum and for the past 3 months I've been trying to read up on these cars. I am the biggest fan of sub-compact cars, having owned a Ford Festiva, Ford Aspire, Mazda MX 3, Suzuki Reno and Hyundai Accent(2010) hatchback which all served as 2nd cars for commuting. Nowadays there are SO many sub-compact car choices and some of them are way overpriced, case and point the Ford Fiesta. Don't get me wrong it is a nice looking car but to get once decently equipped is a bit pricey for a sub-compact, in my opinion. I have only come across horrible reviews on this poor Mirage for the exception of one from Arron Gold(about.com), he apparently likes this car. Also there is a fellow on youtube who gives weekly updates on his Mirage ownership experience, aka "Zxit". I could tell that he really values his little Mirage and I appreciate his videos as I'm sure some of you Mirage owners could appreciate as well. Though you cannot leave comments on his Youtube channel I thought that I would take this time to shout out to "Zxit" and say "Thanks" for sharing your car with those of us who are either in the market for one or are getting fed up with reviews unnecessarily bashing a potentially good car. At any rate, I did finally take a DE manual out for a test drive and it wasn't as bad as what the reviewers described. I'm not one to typically "believe the hype" about anything and I thought that seeing one up close and actually driving one would be the best review of all! In all, test drives are not the same as driving a car for a month or even a week. So I'm reaching out to anyone out there who owns either the DE or ES with a manual trans. to share you Mirage experience so far. Thank you.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    you should buy a Mirage!!

We have owned our ES 5speed manual for a week and a half now. Does everything I want it to, with way better mileage than I expected, and does it very comfortably. We put over 600 miles on it so far and just love it. My wife is learning how to drive a manual and this is a very easy car for her to learn on. For the price, with great standard features(ES model) it can't be beat!! I too did way too much research on the other subcompacts that are available...they all suck, once you get the options you need, they are so overpriced it's not even funny...my thoughts are for you to go with an ES if cruise and the convenient push button start are what you need, if not pick up a DE...regardless of the trim, with the manual it will be lots of fun!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Value for the money is the reason why I got mine.

Where else will you get a fully loaded car, alloys, leather steering and shift and push button start for 15k.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    you should buy a Mirage!!

We have owned our ES 5speed manual for a week and a half now. Does everything I want it to, with way better mileage than I expected, and does it very comfortably. We put over 600 miles on it so far and just love it. My wife is learning how to drive a manual and this is a very easy car for her to learn on. For the price, with great standard features(ES model) it can't be beat!! I too did way too much research on the other subcompacts that are available...they all suck, once you get the options you need, they are so overpriced it's not even funny...my thoughts are for you to go with an ES if cruise and the convenient push button start are what you need, if not pick up a DE...regardless of the trim, with the manual it will be lots of fun!

I'm still not entirely trusting of the push button start systems. Wish you could get the higher trim level without it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-88 View Post
    I'm still not entirely trusting of the push button start systems. Wish you could get the higher trim level without it.
    Only time will tell how this works out....my thoughts on it so far, love going up to the car with my hands full of stuff, pushing the button on the hatch to unlock it, putting my stuff in, getting into car and pushing the start button, my keys remain in my pocket where I put them when I originally left the house. Only thing that pisses me off is that when I do get home, I have to take the keys out of my pocket to unlock the house door. I am seriously thinking of getting one of those push the buttons combination locks for my front door now.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Only time will tell how this works out....my thoughts on it so far, love going up to the car with my hands full of stuff, pushing the button on the hatch to unlock it, putting my stuff in, getting into car and pushing the start button, my keys remain in my pocket where I put them when I originally left the house. Only thing that pisses me off is that when I do get home, I have to take the keys out of my pocket to unlock the house door. I am seriously thinking of getting one of those push the buttons combination locks for my front door now.
    +1...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Only thing that pisses me off is that when I do get home, I have to take the keys out of my pocket to unlock the house door. I am seriously thinking of getting one of those push the buttons combination locks for my front door now.
    Took these words out of my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by M-88 View Post
    Do you think the internet is evil too?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Lol )

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I bought mine out of value:
    - Standard stuff that others don't have standard
    - Small
    - MPGs
    - Lowest cost sub hatchback at the dealers I visited (Mitsu, Ford, kia, toyota, etc)
    - Awesome Warranty
    - Looks sooo stupid and awesome at the same time

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Took these words out of my mouth.

Totally agree here, can't ask for better system. I hate the manual key. I like to keep my stuff pristine, keys do get dirty if you use them. My keyless key is nicely wrapped in plastic, not even a millimeter scratch on it, pristine condition.
    Oh and indeed it's very easy the opening push buttons ... love them!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)