Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Why should you buy a Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I've heard great things about the Nissan Micra. There is some buzz that Nissan may bring the Micra to the US but apparently they are having so much success in terms of sales with the Versa sedan and Note that they may not bring it here.

Do you remember where you read that (buzz about it coming to the US)? I personally doubt it will because Nissan already dominates the US subcompact market almost every single month with the Versa sedan (best-selling subcompact). Nissan Canada actually dropped the Versa sedan when the Micra launched because it never sold well here. The Micra is stealing sales from the Versa Note, but overall they're selling more of both in total.

The Micra is definitely a good little car. I've driven both the 5-speed & auto. It's spanking the Mirage in sales here (basically doubling Mitsu's annual numbers in 9 months).

But the Micra has been good for Mitsu too: they were forced to respond with revised pricing, options and marketing on the Canadian Mirage, and I think it raised sales of the Mirage from where they would have otherwise been. Mitsu could learn a few things from Nissan. The competition's great!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    In Europe the Mitsubishi Mirage, known as Space Star is not very popular. Europeans prefer the VW Up!, Hyundai i10, Toyota Aygo or Fiat Panda. The reason I bought the Mitsubishi last week was because of price and proven reliability. You know that in the Netherlands the warranty period is only 3 years..I bought a 1.0 Bright model which has the luxury of the Intense but the same price as the Inform (9.990 euro). Unlike the popular small cars, I like that you don't see the space star at every corner of the street. I furthermore like the model and simplicity of the interior but I have to get used to the steering behavior that does not automatically force the steering wheel to return to the central position.
    Mitsubishi Space Star Bright 2015

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Sorry, posted my message twice.
    Last edited by bjacobs; 01-11-2015 at 11:39 AM.
    Mitsubishi Space Star Bright 2015

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I dont like the looks of it but if Honda had the brio here in the states for 13k I would have bought it (I was raised in Hondas). The vw up is a nice car as well but I'd still take my mirage over it, the brio would be the only alternative.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by bjacobs View Post
    Europeans prefer the VW Up!, Hyundai i10, Toyota Aygo or Fiat
    I read a lot of Euro reviews of the Mirage, and the Up! almost always wins. I'd love to try one if they were available here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)