Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Mirage questions? Post them here to get answers from a Mitsubishi U.S. expert

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoehead View Post
    Will small cars all be fully electric soon enough that it isn't worth developing new gas models?
    Good point. This seems to best explain the situation.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    New Zealand
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hi there

I just got a 2015 Mirage G last week. I just have one question.

http://origin.static.mitsubishicars....als/P01450.pdf
    (Page 3 - The "A" symbol(not illuminated) with the circle/arrow around it. To the left of the illuminated temperature symbol.

Can anyone identify and know what this symbol means? Sorry I'm a complete idiot when it comes to cars, I'm sure it's something stupid. It comes on sporadically when I'm driving. I swear I've spend the best part of an hour googling and going through 2 large PDF manuals trying to figure it out. It is a green symbol so not worried just driving me mad I can't find the answer anywhere.

Thanks a lot.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gritsngravy View Post
    Hi there

I just got a 2015 Mirage G last week. I just have one question.

http://origin.static.mitsubishicars....als/P01450.pdf
    (Page 3 - The "A" symbol(not illuminated) with the circle/arrow around it. To the left of the illuminated temperature symbol.

Can anyone identify and know what this symbol means? Sorry I'm a complete idiot when it comes to cars, I'm sure it's something stupid. It comes on sporadically when I'm driving. I swear I've spend the best part of an hour googling and going through 2 large PDF manuals trying to figure it out. It is a green symbol so not worried just driving me mad I can't find the answer anywhere.

Thanks a lot.
    Possible answer -
    "Many modern vehicles are equipped with automatic start-stop systems that are designed to save fuel in stop-and-go city driving. ... The engine start-stop light is typically an "A" surrounded by a circular arrow, and it can indicate a few different things." Aug 21, 2020

Taken from -

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/...erent%20things.

It's a green A with circle arrow around it in this article -

https://www.gofar.co/car-warning-lig...nd-indicators/

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

gritsngravy (05-08-2021),MetroMPG (05-09-2021)

Country
    New Zealand
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Possible answer -
    "Many modern vehicles are equipped with automatic start-stop systems that are designed to save fuel in stop-and-go city driving. ... The engine start-stop light is typically an "A" surrounded by a circular arrow, and it can indicate a few different things." Aug 21, 2020

Taken from -

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/...erent%20things.

It's a green A with circle arrow around it in this article -

https://www.gofar.co/car-warning-lig...nd-indicators/
    Thanks Mark! You're a legend! I'm sure that's it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gritsngravy View Post
    Hi there

I just got a 2015 Mirage G last week.
    Hello gritsngravy and welcome to the forum. Hopefully you can make an introductory post and tell us more about yourself and your new-to-you Mirage. Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll do our best to help.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

gritsngravy (05-08-2021)

Country
    New Zealand
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hello gritsngravy and welcome to the forum. Hopefully you can make an introductory post and tell us more about yourself and your new-to-you Mirage. Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll do our best to help.
    Thanks for having me Eggman(great name). I'm new here obviously, I just found the forums as I was googling a problem I was having:
    https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...vice-bulletin)

Just got my "new" 2015 Mirage last week, first registered owner in New Zealand only has 26,000KM(16,000 Miles) on it. Really liking it so far as I commute quite far for work each day and seems to be quite cheap, reading says getting about 23/24 KM/L (54/56 MPG) which will help the bank balance a bit(I drive like a granny). I was having a play around with the display screen/GPS and figured out the bluetooth but unfortunately it seems the GPS can't be used outside of Japan which is a bit of a shame but no biggie. Thanks for the welcome I look forward to looking around and seeing others experiences and problem solving tips.

Cheers

Edit: Just checked out your car on your profile and it's just the same as mine except mines an auto. Looks like you've added a bunch of cool stuff to your car, nice one
    Last edited by gritsngravy; 05-08-2021 at 12:18 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gritsngravy For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Canoehead View Post
    I'd like to know what the departure of the Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris, Nissan Micra, and Ford Fiesta might mean for the Mirage. Will Mitsubishi be able to carve off a bigger slice of the pie, or will they, too, abandon the small car market? Will small cars all be fully electric soon enough that it isn't worth developing new gas models?
    Good question!!

If asked, Mitsu wouldn't answer this question, saying something like "we don't comment on future model plans."

But the 6th gen Mirage has to be near the end of production - the design is now 10 years old - so they have to be planning something by now, at least for the southeast asian markets where it's more popular.

Small cars don't make sense yet as EV's (in the N.A. marketplace). While battery tech is coming down in price, it's still too expensive for the price-sensitive entry level segment. Companies just can't make a $15k EV yet that meets North American safety standards & consumer expectations including range expectations). They can't even make a $25k EV yet (without subsidies). Tesla promised the Model 3 would be available at $35k USD, but they probably lose money on them at that price, so make it hard for people to get them. (Though they're now talking about a $25k Tesla model to be built in China.)

My money's on the next Mirage being a rebranded Nissan/Renault, probably based the Micra/Clio. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it comes to North America, but I'm not holding my breath. Although we've already seen one rebranded Nissan show up in Mitsu dealerships as the new Outlander (it's a Nissan Rogue).

That said, North American Mitsu dealers are still in the same position they were in in 2013 when they pressed the company to let them sell the Mirage here [even though it wasn't originally intended to be]: they just don't have enough vehicles in their N.A. lineup. So maybe they're actually pushing head office for a Mirage replacement.

Otherwise, they completely cede the econobox market to the Chevy Spark.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

If it ain't broke......How long was the og beetle built? Until emissions and smafety requirements become more and more German, I can see the Mirage sticking around a little while yet. I wonder if sales might go up slightly with gas being stupid high at the moment. $1.25/Liter here, $1.40 in Kelowna.
    But I guess if you're used to filling up a 120L tank every week and making a $750/month car payment...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    If it ain't broke......How long was the og beetle built? Until emissions and smafety requirements become more and more German, I can see the Mirage sticking around a little while yet. I wonder if sales might go up slightly with gas being stupid high at the moment. $1.25/Liter here, $1.40 in Kelowna.
    But I guess if you're used to filling up a 120L tank every week and making a $750/month car payment...

At $1.40 per liter that translates to about $5.38 CAD per gallon in Kelowna. Now for the Kelowna nouveau rich crowd that’s probably just pocket change. But for those of us anchored in reality that’s gonna hurt the old pocketbook.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have a 2019 mirage g4 and have inquired of my dealer getting different answers. My book says j4 cvt fluid,,dealer said j1 is it the same? part number part # MZ320185 they said is compatable.