Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Mirage questions? Post them here to get answers from a Mitsubishi U.S. expert

passenger wiper angle

How come the U.S. / Canada Mirage's passenger wiper is 'bent' to park the wiper on an angle higher up the glass? Doesn't appear to be in other countries.

Thread: Passenger Wiper (arm is "bent" upward on Canada/U.S. cars?)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

GrnBn (08-26-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was wondering the same thing, so I second this question being asked.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    What is the sensor on the brake booster for?

I assume its a pressure sensor. Darin said possible for AS&G.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    What is the part number for the cruise control kit on USA/Canadian cars?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 40.0 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

Mitsu's reply...

Here's a summary list of the first batch of questions we sent in, with answers from the company's U.S. PR rep, Alex Fedorak:

1) Can you say what is the ratio of CVT vs. manual transmission in retail (non-fleet) sales?

I can’t get specific but I can tell you CVT outsells the MT in impressive multiples
    2) Can you divulge fleet sales vs personal sales?

No, but the vast majority of our sales are retail.
    3) Why no 1.0L option in the US? Some of our members would definitely choose the 1.0L if it were available.

Certifying engines for US specification is a process that demands a strong business case before undertaking.
    4) We're seeing a lot of confusion on the oil change interval. Can you shed any light?

There are two service schedules, Regular (now called Schedule 2) and Severe (Schedule 1). Regular/Schedule 2 is 7500 miles or 6 months. Severe (Schedule 1) is 3750 miles or 3 months. The naming convention was changed in 2015 to a more uniformed industry standard.
    5) Comment on the technical suspension differences of the G4 and hatch? (I suspect you can't comment on this since it's not in the U.S. yet)

Only comment we can make is that there are differences
    6) Why no rear sway bar (or whatever its called technically)?

Without trying to sound snarky, we felt it was not needed.
    7) Any plans to update the software/firmware which controls the CVT's shifting & idle neutral to make it smoother, and would something like that be available to current owners?

We are always looking to improve our systems whether transmission, fuel or drivetrain. If the programing of the CVT were to change it would not be backward compatible.
    8) Why does the UK get a taller geared manual transmission?

Might want to ask them, really don’t know.
    9) Why don't we get the option for the armrest when other parts of the world got it?

It’s actually a US compliance issue.
    10) Plans to brighten the interior rather than all-black plastic?

We are looking into different interior options.
    11) What's the car's frontal area (aerodynamic calcs)?

I don’t have that information but I can tell you the Cd is 0.28.
    12) Can Mitsu comment on the starter issue that seems to have affected the car in multiple countries?

There is a technical service bulletin concerning starter engagement issues. Contact your local Mitsubishi dealer.
    13) Why the "bent" passenger wiper arm in the US?

This, too, is a US compliance issue and has to do with total swept area by the wiper for visibility.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Daox (12-30-2014),Mikhail (09-12-2014),poorman1 (03-21-2016)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I can’t get specific but I can tell you CVT outsells the MT in impressive multiples
    It might be, I ran into a lot of the CVT Mirages vs Manual of them.

No, but the vast majority of our sales are retail.
    No one will be proud by fleet sales

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Does the Mirage come with synthetic transmission oil/fluid (both CVT and 5mt)?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Does the 2015 Mirage have a locking steering wheel like other cars? I can take the key out, turn the wheel all the way from left to right and it doesn't lock.

That sounds to me like a defect. I'm going to copy your comment to its own thread to get more owners eyeballs on it and see what people say.

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I would like to know why the CVT transmission won't let the engine rev much over 4-5000 rpm even when I'm flooring it hard for a few seconds. I can't lunch decently and it's slow to relaunch in the traffic (after a lift off), which makes it a bit dangerous sometimes, although the power itself is adequate.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemustbebored View Post
    +1 to the UK gearing question. Doesn't make much sense given our typical long highway/interstate drives.
    European cars can be geared longer because they know how to downshift when they need power and journalists won't scream that the car is gutless because they expect to pass someone on the highway in 5th gear. They also have more strict CO2 emission regulations (and taxes over a certain amount), so they try to play with things such as super long gears, stop and start and OE tires model and size to save a few grams per kilometer.

Same with the Honda fit, our 1.5l Fits are geared shorter than their 1.35l Fit (and about the same as the US spec Mirage I think, but the Fit has 6 gears and a bigger engine).

Last edited by broody; 12-31-2014 at 03:37 AM.