Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Mirage questions? Post them here to get answers from a Mitsubishi U.S. expert

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuko View Post
    1) It has the bluetooth connection in the glove box. If I am using it and then stop the car to go in somewhere, I have to disconnect then reconnect the MP3 player from the cord about 95% of the time. A few times it will work. Car, MP3 player or operator error!
    If possible, consider buying a USB memory device and play your music files from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuko View Post
    2) Can the interior light be made brighter? It has very poor interior illumination.
    Someone here installed LEDs and it made a big difference. I think Laceygirl did this, and maybe some others.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Got a resolution for frozen washer fluid lines in +11°f?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonJellyBean View Post
    Got a resolution for frozen washer fluid lines in +11°f?
    Yep. Don't leave summer bug wash in your washer tank when you know it is going to be 11 degrees outside. Gotta keep the washer tank filled with the right stuff. Not the car's fault that the wrong fluid is in the tank for the season during which you bought it.

Right around September or October I deliberately run all of the bug wash out of the tank and refill it with de-icer, even though it usually doesn't get terribly cold around here.

Well, except for this year...brrrrrr!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-09-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Yep. Don't leave summer bug wash in your washer tank when you know it is going to be 11 degrees outside. Gotta keep the washer tank filled with the right stuff. Not the car's fault that the wrong fluid is in the tank for the season during which you bought it.

Right around September or October I deliberately run all of the bug wash out of the tank and refill it with de-icer, even though it usually doesn't get terribly cold around here.

...I don't even think they sell the other stuff in Canada. I haven't seen a windshield fluid that doesn't say good for -30 c on it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

I assure you. They make -20° in blue. So I figured the dealer put the stuff in. Lesson learned. Refuse to pay dealer prep fee and prep the car myself. I use yellow -35° deicing fluid.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks! I have some on a flash drive and it does seem to work. Kind of annoyed the MP3 is giving such poor performance when the owner's manual states they are ok. I will just go to the flash drive and call it a day!

I will check in to LED lights.

Thanks again for your help!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mitsuko For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-11-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

I assure you. They make -20° in blue. So I figured the dealer put the stuff in. Lesson learned. Refuse to pay dealer prep fee and prep the car myself. I use yellow -35° deicing fluid.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    the alcohol in the fluid evaporates in warm weather letting it freeze easier.
    Last edited by poorman1; 01-12-2017 at 12:16 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to poorman1 For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (01-11-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Is there a way Mitsubishi can take the dead spot out of the center of steering on the 15 like they did the 17? That would be awesome

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BostonJellyBean For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (01-12-2017)

Member BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonJellyBean View Post
    Is there a way Mitsubishi can take the dead spot out of the center of steering on the 15 like they did the 17? That would be awesome
    Once I had rear axle assembly replaced on my 15 Mirage ES with CVT, the dead spot disappeared.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.4 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (01-12-2017),Eggman (01-12-2017)