Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: [Engine swap] 4G63 into a 2014 Mirage (2L turbo)

Country
    Philippines
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    What do you mean?
    I'm the new owner now. I'm going to build it 4WD Evo IV as if running 4WD lock transmission.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson2018 View Post
    I'm the new owner now were planning to build this to complete EVO IV drivetrain. Currently running 4WD lock transmission.
    I'm the new owner now. I'm going to build it 4WD Evo IV as if running 4WD lock transmission.
    4wd lock drivetrain? Wow that's really something. Looking forward to updates on your project.

Can you post more information on the project before you got it? Some videos of it in action would be awesome.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    4wd lock drivetrain? Wow that's really something. Looking forward to updates on your project.

Can you post more information on the project before you got it? Some videos of it in action would be awesome.
    4wd locked means its only driving the front wheels. So we decided to go hardcore and build it 4wd. Nothing fancy about the engine, just a little tweaks maybe we will upgrade once everything is settled.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    4wd locked means its only driving the front wheels. So we decided to go hardcore and build it 4wd. Nothing fancy about the engine, just a little tweaks maybe we will upgrade once everything is settled.
    So if I understand you correctly, 4wd means all four wheels will get engine power but '4wd locked' means only the front two wheels will be powered. Learned something new today.

Sounds like a fun project. Looking forward to updates.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Hope to see updates on this.

@Watson2018 welcome to the forums kabayan!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

So if I understand you correctly, 4wd means all four wheels will get engine power but '4wd locked' means only the front two wheels will be powered. Learned something new today.
    I think I'm as lost as you are. Every 4wd with a lock setting I've ever owned means all 4 wheels are spinning at the same time. Different terms for different corners of the pandemic?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Pics or it didn't happen!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

mitsumi (08-14-2020)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Sounds like a fun project. Looking forward to updates.
    Locked is term used when you welded the tcase because you need to run only the frontwheels, so for simpler explanation, my evo mirage is currently 63t powered with stock transmission 2wd. So what will be doing next is make it full time 4wd.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I think I'm as lost as you are. Every 4wd with a lock setting I've ever owned means all 4 wheels are spinning at the same time. Different terms for different corners of the pandemic?
    Maybe you gone lost but not us. You need to weld the t case gears so it can be driven 2wd maybe some of you didn't mess with drivetrains before i guess?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Maybe you gone lost but not us. You need to weld the t case gears so it can be driven 2wd maybe some of you didn't mess with drivetrains before i guess?
    I think it's just a simple language barrier in our terminology, that's all.

The transfer cases I'm familiar with have no differential to weld. With the twin stick kit I can select which axle to use from the passenger compartment.

And Fummins knows more about this stuff than I do.