Link here http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2044940
I test drove the Mirage yesterday. It was pretty much what I was expecting, and – for its intended role – acquits itself better than some of the more scathing reviews would suggest.
- Reasonably perky performance
- Really fun sounding 3 cylinder engine note at around 4,000rpm
- Very easy gear change and clutch action
- Interior is actually quite nicely finished for the price
- Very easy to manouvre in tight spaces, with excellent turning circle.
- Surprisingly roomy; even for tall people (190cm and I was comfy with loads of head room).
- Footrest is intrusive if you have big feet
- Handling is a bit roly-poly
- Grip isn't the greatest (possibly the stock tyres aren't up to snuff?)
- Clutch and steering perhaps a little too overassisted? Although if you're 4'11" and weigh < 50kg, this might be a pro
- Just adequate on the highway, but then this is true of any 3 cylinder car
Also, the base ES effectively starts from $11,990 d/a at the moment ($12,990 less $1,000 Westfield gift card). For that kind of coin, it's incredibly competitive. I wouldn't buy anything other than the base model; if you want to spend more than say $14k on a brand new car, you could do better. But for $12k drive away it's a no-brainer. No wonder the dealer I went to reckons they've sold 10 this week ..!