Thread: Triple threat: Three small economy cars with three-cylinder engines (NY Daily News)

Triple threat: Three small economy cars with three-cylinder engines (NY Daily News)

Name:  triples.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  85.4 KB

Things are getting interesting in the North American market: you can now buy a bunch of cars with 3-cylinder engines. (5 of them? 6?)

The New York Daily News reviews the naturally aspirated Mirage against the turbocharged triples in the BMW/Mini and Ford Fiesta.

I won't be ruining any suspense by saying they preferred the Mini and Fiesta over the Mirage. It's no surprise what they highlight as the big complaints against the car.

Read the full review: http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/buy...icle-1.1907594

See also: 2014 Mirage 1.2 vs. Ford Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost - which has better mileage/fuel economy?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

fusion210 (08-19-2014),Mikhail (08-20-2014),Minihaha (08-19-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    To bad those other 2 cars cost a lot more, dont have the long warranty or the fuel economy. Plus there not made by Mitsubishi

4. The Following User Says Thank You to grsupercity For This Useful Post:

kerc (08-19-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grsupercity View Post
    To bad those other 2 cars cost a lot more, dont have the long warranty or the fuel economy. Plus there not made by Mitsubishi
    Not sure how that last statement was a plus side...

I do agree that the mirage wins in:
    cost
    standard options
    mpg
    warranty

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    And the Mirage doesn't have the Fiesta's huge ass. The hatchback looks great, but that sedan is painfully ugly.

To be fair to the NY Daily News, they did title the Mirage portion of the review: "The value play: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage"

But most car reviewers don't really care about real life ownership issues like car payments, warranties and fuel economy. They'll always go for power & handling.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Not sure how that last statement was a plus side...
    My family owned a car lot for many years. We never had issues with Mitsubishi's. I have only driven Mitsubishi's and have had no issues. Where as my dad who drove GM had nothing but issues. My brother drove Mazda's and had issues. I have had nothing but luck with my triple diamonds. I even have a Mitsubishi tattoo

All in all I am a car guy. I respect all makes and models. But I dont think Mitsubishi gets the credit they deserve

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    In 1980 I had a new fiesta, and at that time it was a poor seller and Ford stopped bringing it to the us.people complaints about that car.and it had a High price tag.and no resale value. But here the mirage offers a cheeper priced car with the best gas mileage and the BEST Warranty. And people don't Get it!!! They whant it to burn rubber from the stop sign and go way over the speed limit. People are in to big of a hurry for what? To go to the ER!

hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to debburyl For This Useful Post:

kerc (08-20-2014)