Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Difficulty shifting into reverse - manual transmission

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    We've had many small cars for the past 28 years . A few were Colts / Champs ( '80 > '92 ) , Summit sedan ('92 ) , Corolla ( '98 ? ) , Prizms ( Corolla ) , Chevy Novas ( Corolla ) , Matrix , Madza Protege' sedan , Festivas ( Mazda 121 ) , Yarii ( sedan + hatchbacks ) , Prius ( 2nd generation ) , and 2 second generation FITS for now . We're waiting on the MIRAGE sedan and the Honda Fit sedan . Many of the cars listed were sticks .

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Questions for you guys experiencing the reverse issue:

- Are you saying it grinds going into reverse, or there's just more resistance slotting it in?

- If you shift into first gear before shifting to reverse, is getting reverse easier? (I have always done this out of habit.)

- Anybody mentioned this to the dealer yet?
    Yeah they told me it is a cheap and old transmission that is why, they also told me to wait a little bit before engaging R to slow down the gears

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

My Echo has this same grinding into reverse issue. Its also difficult to engage into first gear sometimes. It's annoying but letting of the clutch slightly helps engagement.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kapitan View Post
    it's interesting that so many yaris owners are attracted to the mirage forum. i guess some of us think alike.
    I owned a 5 speed 2009 Toyota Yaris 3dr hatchback and now a 5 speed 2001 Toyota Echo 4dr sedan. I'm here for a Mirage (sedan and hatchback).

Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    We've had many small cars for the past 28 years . A few were Colts / Champs ( '80 > '92 ) , Summit sedan ('92 ) , Corolla ( '98 ? ) , Prizms ( Corolla ) , Chevy Novas ( Corolla ) , Matrix , Madza Protege' sedan , Festivas ( Mazda 121 ) , Yarii ( sedan + hatchbacks ) , Prius ( 2nd generation ) , and 2 second generation FITS for now . We're waiting on the MIRAGE sedan and the Honda Fit sedan . Many of the cars listed were sticks .
    USA based Fit sedan?

Last edited by davidricardo86; 02-10-2016 at 05:36 PM.